1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who to Talk to?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I am in secondary school, going through a really tough time with GCSE's, friends, and love.

I am completely stressed and haven't a clue on who to talk to. I need a close person to me, no friends or family. And I only trust specific teachers. The only ones that I can think of are my form tutor and few high up people.

The thing is, they might think I'm weird. Firstly, I have become so emotional and lonely since splitting up with my best friend. Secondly school is getting so so stressful. I am only in year 9, but I have started my English and German. And science is pretty important to me even though I haven't started the GCSE yet. Thirdly, love. Teachers would have to find out that I am gay and fancy a year 7 (I'm in year 9), and they might think of me as peculiar because you don't really talk teachers about love.

And what are they going to say about love, they can't give me advice on it. I'm so confused! I don't really want advice, I just want a friendly ear, and a consoling heart.

2. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Did you read my post? We all trying to help you here. But please take the advice we have given you on board. We using our time to help you so please help us to make an effort to improve your life and take advice. Thank you.

3. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thats why we are all here,you can talk to anyone about your problems,and be friends.

4. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Yea, thanks. But I want to talk to someone face to face. Know what I mean??? I can't get the support and condolence I need from you guys, no offence. I need to to someone that I have actually meant, and truly, truly cares and listens.

Any suggestions.

5. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Excuse me then you shouldnt post here.Because youve made tons of post asking for help,from us,and when we try to do so,you say that you need face to face..i really dont get it im really sorry,i dont mean to offend you but thats all we all here can do.
    My suggestion would be a psychologist.

6. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Your parents.

---------- Post added 3rd May 2013 at 08:19 PM ----------

London Lesbian and Gay Switchboard
    HELPLINE 0300 330 0630 (DAILY 10AM - 11PM)

We are here to listen and you can talk about anything that is on your mind. For over 35 years people have been calling us to talk about:

Coming out
    Family problems
    LGBT social and support groups
    Issues at school, college or work
    Feelings of isolation

#6 lull23, May 3, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
  7. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I dont think what i said in the other thread or this thread on board. We are here to help. We can give you advice. We can chat and have fun. But please dont waste our time trying to help you.

8. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I don't understand how I am wasting your time.

9. tryhtwfr

Out of all honestly, you are very contradictive.

You need to understand:

1. Your GCSEs have just started and you're already taking stress?
    2. You're not going to go anywhere without actually talking to the person you like, you want us to make judgements based off your assumptions?
    3. Friends come and go, you're at an age where friends fight. Just make up and stop over complicating the situation

You make numerous posts which are all related to the same topic but just rephrased and I don't think you appreciate the amount of attention and help you receive from the members of EC. I understand that being 13, gay and out is very hard but that is life for you and out there are people willing to listen face to face, if that's what you want. Go talk to a teacher, a parent, a therapist or even a friend as your issues are very over-exaggerated and can be dealt with solutions given by adults who you can go to for advice and help face to face

10. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

How dare you make assumptions to my situation when you haven't heard the half of it? You have never MRT me and have no idea what I am going through. I am not going exaggerating anything, it is all true! Just stop slagging me off,and answer the question.

11. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  12. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I give up

13. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A word to the wise. You're more likely to get help, or people answering your questions if you don't come across as such a little shit. You're like an annoying, whining, little brother.

Read the advice that's given you - don't dismiss it out of hand if it's not what you want to hear, which is what seem to be the case every single time.

14. tryhtwfr

I've read 26 threads full of it, I think that knowing the half of it would be only reading 13 threads...

I'm not saying you are a liar, it's just that you are thinking about the situations more than you should be and honestly I don't know about this "crush" or how to deal with it because there's new information on him everyday but the other situations seem to have a transparent solution to them. And I don't appreciate you posing an imperative upon me when all I am doing is just telling you how it is.

15. falsereading

falsereading Guest

I am going to be blunt,

What do you think people on an internet messaging board can do for you that they have not already? Everyone has given you appropriate advice but you are not listening.

Stressed about GCSE's I am afraid is nothing, whilst my life has not been as long as others it has been perfectly eventful, if I could go back to sitting my GCSE's I would in a heartbeat. Just wait until bills, mortgages, medical problems, careers etc get in the way of things - only then will you know about stress! Yes, being gay is another spanner in the works at an unfortunate time of school but I and others went through it and came out of the other end intact. I am sure you will do soon, but whilst your exams are the thing hanging over your head at the minute please understand in the grand scheme of things they mean little, they can be resit/retaken/remarked. You only need C's to pass, if anything people who push for A*'s are only wasting their time as half the time end up at the same college as thick people like me who got C's.

Everyone has told you who to speak to, another friend, a doctor, your family, the milkman...you will find many that will listen if you ask for advice.

16. AKTodd

Here's the thing:

You seem to follow a pattern on EC:

a) You ask a question.

b) Folks answer to the best of their ability, often giving you a different answer then you apparently want to hear.

c) You either ignore the advice and start another thread about essentially the same thing, but from another direction OR you get angry and attempt to dictate to folks what they can and can't say to you. Neither of these behaviors is particularly productive and are rapidly (and already, based on the responses here) going to lead to a point of diminishing returns as people either stop bothering to reply to you or begin replying in an ever more hostile manner.

You need to break this pattern. Acknowledge that you are listening to what people are telling you and act on their advice. Or don't and stop asking, because by this point you are starting to repeat yourself on some issues and on others are most likely just going to get more and more negative responses as people become more and more frustrated with you and your lack of responsiveness and/or the attitude you sometimes throw around.

I'm very sorry that your life is going through a tough spot in lots of ways right now. If you want to just talk, or post a rant and just get the frustration out, then by all means do so. But mark the thread as a rant so people know that you're just venting. Say you just want someone to listen and make sympathetic noises. But stop asking for advice if you're not actually interested in receiving it.

If you actually want to change your situation, then it's going to take more than simply posting and reposting here on the same subjects over and over. No one here has a magic wand to just make your problems fix themselves. However, you have all the power you need to fix your problems if you just take some of the advice that has been offered on the various threads here.

Or to put it another way:

If you only ever do, what you've always ever done - How can you ever expect anything to be different?

Todd

P.S:

Another option for someone to talk to could be a clergy person. Some churches, such as the Unitarian Universalists are very gay-friendly and clergy are generally trained to provide a degree of counseling and advice. You would want to check online to locate a gay friendly congregation in your area, but that should be doable.

17. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Everyone here is honestly trying to help you...but you won't let them. And I don't blame them, as I'm one of them. You've informally closed a thread after I gave really helpful advice which you then refused to read. Kind of rude, dude.

You keep asking the same things over and over again, and keep getting the same responses, ones that you do not like. You say you want help, but then you refuse to get any help from any of us because you want a 'face to face.'

We cannot help you if you refuse to listen to us. Time for me to be nice.

Now, if you want someone to talk to, go out into the world and find someone. Make new friends, talk to your parents, a therapist, a Canadian, a teacher, anyone! I can somewhat understand stress, as I've seen many of my friends freak out over tests on many occasions (I don't because my mind is just programmed for osmosis of information). I'm from the USA so I don't know about GCSEs but if they're anything like the standardized tests we have here...then don't stress. For us, we've been told, you can't study, just do your best, don't stress out. Spend some time just relaxing. Take a nap, watch some clouds, count centipedes, there are many things you can do to relax and take all of your stress away.

Overall just go out into the world and find someone. If you want face-to-face then we cannot help you no matter how hard we try. We genuinely want to help you, but only if you will let us.

18. cowboymarine21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hey if you need someone to talk to i am good listener and a good advise giver all my friends come to me with relationship problems and questions im here if you need me

19. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

You know that you really shouldn't talk to me about mortgages and bills etc. I shouldn't have to worry about that yet.

20. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :roflmao: Talk to a Milkman or a Canadian lol the only Canadians I know are on here & what is a Milkman, do they still exist, you Guys crack me up :slight_smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.