1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice please!!!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Blu, May 3, 2013.

1. Blu

Blu

Hello everyone, let me start with sharing a little about myself. I will be twenty three in like another three months and for the most part life is good. I would say the only thing I want is to try and be in a relationship with another guy. I have wrote post before asking how to meet guys and all. I now have realized that I'm the only thing holding myself back. I want to date but then again I don't. I know I'm gay and there's no shutting that off. even my mother knows and I have never come out to her. Parents just know these things but outside of my home I don't think I could tell anyone I'm gay. I work with a fair amount of gay guys, none of which I like in that way and even to them I wouldn't say anything. When ever asked I never deny it but I never say that I am. I might just say thats a rude question or nothing at all. Now I don't want to sound conceited or anything but I'm an attractive guy. So I know I would just have to take that first step but I don't know how and I'm a bit afraid too. Once in a while I will get approached by a guy and that never ends well. I tend to shut down completely on them or friend zone them in the place of no return. The guys I might actually like are the ones that I stop talking to. I don't know whats wrong with me? how can I meet someone if there is a part of me fighting against it? I don't let people get close outside of work or school and I have so little friends, you could say I don't have any. I sometimes think that if a tell people I'm gay, they will start to have these preconceived notions of me and that could be part of the reason I don't tell anyone. I have to start somewhere. I need to make real friends and start dating, I need help.

2. SomeNights

Hm, well maybe your just not ready for a relationship yet? Have you considered that?

3. Blu

Blu

You could be right but not having a relationship isn't my problem its being able to even get to that point in my life where I could be.