1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does She Still Want Me Back?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PurpleRain, May 4, 2013.

1. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A while back my girlfriend and I went on a break. She almost immediately started seeing another guy, but she still acted like she wanted me back "at some point in the future." Now I screwed up and freaked out and did the stuff you aren't supposed to do because I love her so much... it's been a while since that though and she's acting like she wants me to be her friend she says it a lot and I'm trying really hard to do it but it's immensely painful and I can't stop myself from crying in a conversation with her (again something you aren't supposed to do). I just don't know what she wants. I love her more than anything and I'd propose to her in a heartbeat if she were mine again. I know what I did wrong in the relationship and I've expressed that multiple times and that I want to fix them and I genuinely want to change those things about myself if it means getting her back. I'll do whatever it takes to get her back I, but I don't even really know if she wants me back anymore... I screwed up after she started dating someone else and I don't know if I can fix it but does it sound like she wants to be in a relationship with me again..? If so how can I go about fixing it quickly because they've been dating for a while and I'm worried about what's going to happen... Someone please help me...

2. shes dating someone else almost immedietly after you finished.... not trying to offend/upset you but why would she do that if she cared/loved you? she cant have you back when it suits her, thats what it seems like anyway. surely she would be trying to get you back not dating someone else.

if she is dating someone else dont be a homewrecker and try to win her back, shes dating someone else dont get in the middle of it or it could backfire on you and you could end up looking like the bad person when you probably wouldnt intend to be.

if she wanted you back she would finish with the person she is dating and put all her effort into trying to be with you.... she doesnt seem like shes doing that from youve said, she cant have a relationship to fill the time you were apart and try to win you back while still being in a relationship... tbh i dont think it would work like that. seems like shes playing you a little but youre so in love with her you might not see it. love can blind people from the things they dont want to see they only want to see the good.

if youre still trying to be her friend, but you keep crying it seems like its going to take a long time for you to see her as just a friend. some people can be friends with exs, others cant, im the latter if i was friends with an ex it would make me want to get back with my ex so i stay well away. (*hug*)

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with flyinhernikes.

It sounds like you need to do some work on yourself, because you sound waaaaaay too dependent/needy on this person. The fact that she almost immediately started dating someone else would tend to point in the direction that she was ready to be done with the relationship with you.

I'd honestly put your energy toward working on yourself and becoming more independent. When you have to be in a relationship, or have to have one particular person to make you happy... you can't be happy. You have to learn to love yourself, and be happy being by yourself, before you can be happy in a relationship. That might seem like a tall order, but it's true.

I'd suggest checking out Brené Brown's TED talks on Youtube, and perhaps looking into getting therapy. I think you'll not only help resolve this situation, but start on a path toward much healthier relationships going forward.

I hope this helps!