1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving to the Big City

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Eruionmel, May 5, 2013.

1. Eruionmel

Hey. So, I recently moved to Seattle, and I'm having trouble developing a network. I'm going to be attending a university here soon, but in the meantime I'm basically just chilling. I'm working, but it's as a private designer/photographer for the music department at the university.

What do people do in big cities to make friends without work/school connections? Are gay bars basically the only option? I've tried dating through ******(edit: filtered, lol? THE gay app.), but the people there are predictably flaky (unless they're interested in sex :/ ). I also tried hanging out at a gay bar, but it seemed like all anyone was interested in was sex. I hooked up, but it was clearly just a physical deal, and that's not what I'm looking for.

Just feeling lonely and frustrated, I guess. Advice?

#1 Eruionmel, May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 5, 2013
  2. AKTodd

Check out the Meetup website and what there is in your area. You might also see if there is an lgbt org or group or community center at your school or in Seattle in general (there probably is). All of these should provide potential sources of friends and acquaintances.

Hope this helps,

Todd