1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want her back.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Macie, May 5, 2013.

1. Macie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello people. I'm a bisexual, and needs help. haha!

I and my girlfriend got in a fight. At first, we were just joking around saying that we should just breakup. I agreed (of course, I'm still kidding here.) Later that evening, I sent her an sms saying that I was just kidding and I didn't really want to break up with her. The next day, she just said good morning and nothing else. She did not talk to me the whole day. Until I really got irritated and told her that if she really wants to break up with me, she should just do it. I told her that I'm not going to live with her anymore (we had plans of moving together this May or June). She said that I'm cold to her and she's tired of waiting for the "happy us" to comeback. After that, she never talked to me again.

Now, I don't know what to do since I do not how to woo or something like that. I thought she understood me, especially now that things are not going well with my family. My parents are going to be separated soon and my grandmother is going under operation. I can't do anything else aside from message or call her since she's living miles away from me. If this was the time when we were still in the university, coming up with ways to make up with her will be easier but now, I'm hopeless. She hasn't replied to my last message. I don't think I could still keep up with the depression I'm having now. I used to be suicidal and I never want to go back to that old self again and worry my family.

I still love her and I never really meant anything I've said abut breaking up. I still want to move in with her and still marry her 5 years from now (yes, she proposed to me). I can't imagine my life without her anymore.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tell her you love her and want her back? I'm not a romantic by any stretch of the imagination, but maybe simple is the best. And you might want to add in "There can't be a 'happy us' again without an 'us' first."

3. BlackSwan

I like this!! :thumbsup:

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

You appear to be pretty deep into what you might play "game playing". First it was jokingly "talking about breaking up", which couples can do if they're on really solid ground...but you certainly don't appear to be. Then it was brinksmanship. "Fine, break up with me - I don't want to live with you anymore."

And she...well, either she took the game to the next level of really pretending she's angry and that it's over...or she's really angry, and wants it to be over. And from far off, it's tough to tell.

What should you do? Stop playing games. Write her a message - it's a bit long for text, so I'd email it (and maybe text her once to let her know you've sent her something you want her to read). Drop all the pretense. Apologize for everything you did. I'd stick away from the "I need you/I can't live without you" stuff myself, but it's up to you if you'd like to include it. The main point you want to get across is "I was messing around, I said a lot of really dumb stuff I didn't mean at all, and I'm really sorry I said all of that. I hope you can forgive me." And that's it.

Lex

5. Macie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for the pieces of advice. :slight_smile:

I'm actually thinking of going to their town tomorrow. I know it'll take hours but I really need to see her. Maybe I'll try to talk and apologize to her personally. I just don't know if she'll agree to meet up with me since I can't go to their house or something. We're not out in the family so I can't just show up in front of their house. Do you guys think this is a good idea?

6. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Just tell her ur her friend and u need to talk privately to her