1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

inlove with my best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Constipated, May 7, 2013.

1. Constipated

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i have this friend in college.. the same friend i am referring to in my previous threads.. before she became mad at me at something i did regarding her privacy, i can feel that we were really tight friends.. she was not the usual person who is open to everyone about everything. when she tells you something personal, she means she trusts you and breaking her trust is one of the worst mistakes of my life. :bang::bang::bang::bang:

when we were perfectly fine, whenever she feels like she needs someone to listen to her rough day, she would often tell me to go with her to some place (sometimes she would hold my hand whenever i don't feel like going with her) and we would just chill, talk about her bad day and exchange stories with each other. one time, i asked, "what are we going to do out here? is there anything bothering you back inside the library?" she just responded, "don't you like it? we're alone, you and me. . "

the thing is, before we had the fight, she is very comfortable leaning on my shoulder and sometimes hugging me while doing it. she doesn't know i'm a lesbian and deep inside, those simple acts just mean the world to me.

is there any chance that what we had before, we can bring back in what we have now?
    and, can you say that she likes be back before we had the fight?

2. FemCasanova

When you break someone`s trust, it`s hard to get it back. It has to be earned. What you could do is simply go to her, tell her that breaking her trust was the worst mistake of your life, and you want more than anything a chance to earn it back. People react better when we`re genuine, and you seem very genuinely sorry in your post. If she reacts hesitantly to that, you can simply let her know that you really want to be her friend, and you`ll even be a probationary friend if she`ll let you. You can also say that she can think about it for a while.

I would work on rebuilding your trust, before letting her know that you like her romantically. However, subtly implying that she means a lot to you in several ways can give her the right idea.

Whether she`ll be receptive to letting you back into her life is hard to say. Some people forgive easily, some are grudge holders. But if you don`t try, you`ll never know what could have been, and you have nothing to lose.

*Hugs*