1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding a Christian girlfriend: Any gay Christian dating sites?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Asari, May 7, 2013.

1. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I am out! I am out to most of my friends or at least most people I talk with on a regular basis. I'm in the process of dropping my judgemental friends and making new ones. I am seeing a therapist and recovering from my depression. I decided the best thing for me to do is to seize my dreams now and not look on my past failures. So how does a girl that has no sexual experience and is recovering from years of church indoctrination enter the lesbian dating scene? I think the best way is to meet someone who understands what I've been through. I guess I'm not that picky I would just love if my girlfriend was spiritual. Plus my beliefs still mean a lot to me. So how do I meet this dream girl? I'm not that into the bar scene and I don't have many friends who could go with me to gay events anyways so how do I start?

I've already checked out a few sites and they didn't have that many options. :/

I'm pretty sure you can't put links though cause it's against the site rules. Any experience or advise is really helpful though.

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes unfortunately we can't give out any sites on here but I don't know any anyway LoL

I've been Christian my whole life and am deeply spiritual. I just figure that God will give me someone special when it's time and I'm ready. However, to make that process faster (teehee) I would look into anything that gets you involved in meeting new people. If you're in college, try some groups you're interested in. If not, check out volunteering options. Basically anywhere you can meet friends you can meet a love interest.

Us Christian lady lovers are a pretty small percentage of churches I think, but we're still here! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yey that's good to know! :slight_smile: I want to get more involved but I have to take slow steps to recover from my crippling social anxiety. I'm getting there though. :slight_smile: I really want to find a nice accepting church but I haven't been to one that I felt comfortable in yet. Maybe I can ask a friend to come with me. I'm sure if it's a church and not a gay bar they won't feel that weird. haha.

4. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Or concerts,a gay church,coffee store ,book store ,gym ,any party without alcohol and without sex. Sports game maybe?

5. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Working on your social skills will probably help you boost your confidence and that can be a great set up for finding someone! I never had any problems with social skills but just remember that if you start a friendly banter with someone it can lead to great things! :slight_smile:

6. HeyAshley

dating sites are probably the worst way to meet people. you have a better chance of meeting a decent person dressed up in a hotdog suit selling them at your local carnival than you do on a dating website.

7. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha that made me giggle. :lol:

I used to be really outgoing and friendly but being in the ministry I was involved with crippled my social skills. I spent most of my time in a room praying and forgot how to talk to people. I'll get it back though hopefully.

8. HeyAshley

it's the truth. or maybe i just think that things will happen when they're supposed to happen. not using a dating website to speed up the process.

9. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Which ministry was this? A lot of church ministries are used to get people involved around other people. Maybe look into a ministry that focuses on humanitarianism and it will help you regain these skills and abilities. You have them, you just have to bring them back to the surface! :slight_smile:

10. 143kc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Look for a gay-supportive church! I know where you are coming from (I used to willingly go to church 3 days a week- crazy, Right?). For me, I live near a "gay destination" and that town is mostly gays, so when I decide to date, I know where I am heading. Look around for local groups and talk to any other gays you know. They may know of LGBQT groups in the area. Most likely you will find someone when you aren't looking! :slight_smile:

11. photoguy93

I always recommend the pay sites, just because I feel they are safer...usually. I know there are some that aren't that are good.

Don't the big ones list "religious preference"?? Like, I think I've seen profiles before where it says "I am spiritual and I want..." It's not a guarantee but it's something.

12. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The MCC (Metropolitan Community Church) is very gay affirming -- started specifically for gay people -- and there are congregations in many if not most larger cities. In some areas, such as the west coast, there are also congregations of various flavors (Presbyterian, Episcopal, etc) that are extremely gay-affirming. If spirituality is an important part of your life, those can be excellent places to go to meet like-minded people.