1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't stop checking out girls girls girls!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Daffodil, May 8, 2013.

1. Daffodil

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi Guys-

I am pretty frusterated right now. I am pretty sure I'm gay. I don't like this, and still have a bundle of shame about it. I'm not out. However, I honestly feel like, I'm outing myself everytime I go into public.

I check out girls (since I'm not out/dating anyone, I'm pretty sexually frusterated + I'm a pretty open expressive sexual person) and I get horrible reactions.

Mostly I don't know....I can't not do it. But it really feels humiliating. I won't be able to control starting at a woman's body, and feel creepy (not just that I'm checking her out, but the way I do it, is...very sexual and purely sexual). But the worst thing is the reactions I get from (straight) girls I check out. They do this thing where they do this quick judgemental flicker of their eyes at eachother like a nonverbal "she's weird/ignore her" and I am 100% sure I am NOT imagining this. After they give eachother that look, they ignore me, or when they do talk to me, they talk down to me. Women who I am not attracted to, think I am straight (but most women honestly I find attractive) and treat me like an equal. It sucks. I feel like a disease. I don't know....I feel like I can't control my feelings, or their attitudes towards me, but I so understand why making friends has been so hard, and I feel really depressed witnessing so much homophobia, I feel like I'm not allowed to be me without being hated, and this is expressed nonverbally. It's a lot like racism, nowadays, in that nothing overt happens, but the isolation is devastating. It also makes me feel unsafe- I am so tired of just waiting to be judged and isolated because of my sexual attraction. I'm so tired.

What the heck? Have any other girls felt this way?

I should add that I am feminine looking, and pretty girly, even for a straight girl (?), but I think pretty much like a man in terms of sex (i.e. every other girl looks !#@!able, focused on the 'body', possibly more interested in physical attraction than emotional attraction (not sure about this whole 'girls are emotional' thing, distracted easily by a hot girl, always thinking about sex, high sex drive, etc...

I am not even sure I want a relationship? Ugh.

Anyway, thanks.

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have felt this way, but I also tend to check out other women in a very discreet manner.

Is your attraction to women purely physical, or have you ever felt emotionally drawn to another girl? As for feeling unsafe, have you told anyone in person that you express an interest in girls? Just some things to consider. :slight_smile: