1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love her and she keeps hurting me.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rosemarried, May 8, 2013.

1. Rosemarried

Rosemarried Guest

So, I fell in love with my best friend. In September last year. We actually acted more like a couple back then- cuddling and making out when she came over. Two months later I told her. She said she felt the same way and she had since May. We dated for three days before she said she wasn't good with relationships. We continued acting like lovers- sending love messages and making promises. We even [technically] got engaged. In January we lost connection and it started getting rocky, and we fought because of lack of communication. We got back on better terms, and she said such sweet things to me. Then Spring Break happened.

She said I was lovely. That she wanted to return the countless 'I Love You's- and that she would soon. A day after, she got drunk and slept with the girl she actually liked.

Ouch.

After that we argued and she tried to make it up by saying she meant everything she had said and that she likes me [With four likes- aren't I special?]. Then other people began telling me otherwise. I finally told her that I was giving up, that it was too much and I was tired of being neglected. She said after that she would make an effort and ate lunch with me a few times. Apparently that caused a riff between her and her best friend [again- ouch. I thought that was me] and now she won't even be my friend because "all she does is hurt me". She dropped the entire relationship the moment she needed to actually try. I chased after her for months, being coaxed by sweet words, just to be rejected and scorned, as well as to be cheated on and played. I put so much trust into her and I cared so much for her- and I still do. She would ignore me to spend time with other people, but I still wrote her love letters and sent her good morning texts.

I still love her, so much. Even after all of this bull she has pulled. I just don't know what to do.

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You certainly deserve better than someone who doesn't know what they want! You deserve someone who invests in you, not cheats on you.

But you knew that already. :slight_smile:

3. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Well I used to do that to my bf and I felt guilty all the time except sleep with someone . So I just broke it off bc he means alot to me so I broke it off and wanted to work on myself and maybe get back together with him .so I can be mature and faithful to him or anyone I might date .

4. Candace

You have to be the better person in this situation. When you do, and the other person realizes that you're being better, they will try to be better as well. They'll say "oh, I should have not done this to Rosemarried". Also, you're wasting precious energy by doing this. Find someone who's worthy of you :slight_smile: