1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A friend coming out as Bisexual?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, May 9, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Just today, I have found out that one of my friends (maybe acquaintances, but we get along well) has came out as bisexual. She told one or two of her closest friends, and then one of them told my best friend who then told me. I have been told not to tell anyone, and I won't, but u was just wondering if I might have influenced her and somewhat encouraged her to come out?

As most of you know, I can out on the last day of February this year, and everyone was fine with it. My friend that has just came out as bisexual knew that I was gay, so I am thinking that because if me coming out, it ,might have influenced her to come out.

I don't know if that is true, but is it possible?

I'm not sure if it is a good thing either. She doesn't look or act like a lesbian whatsoever, apart form the fact that she has recently died her hair black, and wears reasonably masculine clothing.

Any comments, I don't really know what I'm asking, but any feedback would be appreciated!

And for those that read my thread stating that I read going to delete my account, well, I changed my mind:icon_wink

Thanks in Advance!

2. TraceElement

You may have made it easier more comfortablevto come out knowing that she would be accepted.

3. laquisho3

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Stop asking so many freaking questions OMG SHUT UP. You are obsessed!

4. batears

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You could have had an influence. Sometimes it becomes easier to come out or be honest about yourself when you could see your immediate community's reaction on someone else coming out. It prepares you for what to expect and it shows you where you might receive support.

5. Femmeme

Smells like sockpuppet.

6. MichaelB

... it's a forum based around asking questions and seeking advice? :confused:

7. stumble along

No, this is completely unrelated to the thread, he hasnt brought it up, and hes been a lot better with thread making so

No

8. Femmeme

Note that the poster is brand new and that is their only post. Like I said, smells like sock puppet...

9. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Excuse me "laquisho3", I think you will find that this thread has got nothing to do with my previous threads concerning my crush, so I would appreciate if you would not tell me to shut up, because I have no need to. All I was asking in this thread was some feedback on whether you think I may have influenced my friend coming out as bisexual. I also have to say that I have not made a thread in approximately four days, so I have not asked a question in a while. I think that you should appreciate that I have not created that many threads recently, and you should should more substancially grateful that this thread has no relation to my crush. So to confirm to you, I will not stop asking so many questions, and because of your inappropriate and seemingly absurd comment, I may make even more threads, and as for me being obsessed, how am I obsessed by asking if I may have influenced my friend coming out?

Thank you to everyone else, but I do not appreciate your comment due to its absurdity and lack of respect and sensitivity.

#9 clarkec1, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  10. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What is Sock Puppet?

11. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you Dublin for asking it! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And yes - Your coming out may have made him feel safer. Happens a lot. :slight_smile:

12. tryhtwfr

From what I understand it's someone that can't say what they want to say openly so they do it anonymously like a ventriliquist in a way.

On topic : Yeh you may have influenced her and plus you do have another gay friend so she would have been in a very gay friendly enviroment which is good.

13. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When someone who was banned from a forum makes a new account under a different name to keep doing whatever got them banned.

14. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess it's kinda like when your mom creates a new mystery dish and you wait to see if your siblings die before you try eating it.

Oh, and congrats on coming out :wink:

15. Dufflepud

It certainly couldn't have hurt. People are rarely upset about others stealing their thunder if they come out first xP.