1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After 15 years, my parents still do not accept me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jules619, May 9, 2013.

1. jules619

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello! I was just wondering if there are any LGBT that do not have the support of their parents-after many years. I basically have no relationship with them other than calling them on holidays and birthdays. They do not wish to hear about my life, so I do not engage in theirs(after repeatedly fighting over the past few years, I decided to stop). They are southern baptists and feel I am going to hell-plain and simple. I've accepted it for the most part, but some things still sting. I am not "friends" with my mother on Facebook, but every now and then I will go to her page to see what she is up to. I looked yesterday and she had posted a picture of the new pope(again, she is a southern baptist, not catholic)condemning homosexuality. It hurt to see that..here her daughter is gay and she supports such hateful words. I was just curious if anyone out there is without the support of their parents..feels like I am the only one.

Thanks,
    Jules

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't say I've had an exact situation like that, but it is hurtful when family members don't try to respect LGBTQ individuals.

I'm sorry that you have to be viewed by others solely on who you prefer to bed and wed. Hugs my dear~<3