1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I want to pursue this? (About a girl)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MusicIsLife, May 9, 2013.

1. MusicIsLife

Hey guys,

So I'm not exactly one to date much. Ive had 3 relationships in my life, and 2 of them didnt last over 5 months.

Now lately ive been sort of looking at one of my friends like, "Yeah, I'd date you." She doesnt know it, but I havent said anything to her in case she doesnt feel the same and I kind of want to be 100% sure before I pursue anything. We've been good friends a long time, and I dont want to fuck it up.

At the same time, if we're together too long we bicker a lot and she tends to get on my nerves a little--over fickle stuff, we're both writers and we argue about DC vs. Marvel comics a lot, not really serious stuff, and she gives me a hard time about being vegan.

She knows im trans and shes bisexual so it hypothetically could work, but im fucking terrified of screwing up our friendship. I've wrecked two friendships recently and I don't want to screw up a third. What do you guys think?

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "Screwing up" occurs when we focus on the negative aspects of others rather than the positive. As an exercise, I'd try to focus solely on her positive qualities, and of others as well. When we magnify the positive in others and minimize the negatives, we naturally begin to see people in a better light and respect them more. :slight_smile:

Also, often personalities clash, which will be an issue to face at some point, but just focus on the similarities rather than the differences and you'll both have common ground. How are you two alike?

~<3