1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about being the initiator

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Viridian, May 9, 2013.

1. Viridian

Viridian Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Howdy!

Looking for some advice.

I've always been more passive throughout most of my life, but I've recently started being more assertive with my life and feel that I should start doing the same in regards to my love life. Never had a relationship in my life (I'm almost 25, eww) and I feel that being a wallflower is not going to get me far in the love department.

And so, I work at a queer resource center and there's this guy that I quite like. I've seen him a few times and I don't know his name, but he seems friendly enough (we've spoke a few times briefly). He might be straight though, as we get people from all walks of life going to our center. Could be in a relationship already.

Since I'm planning to find a different job in about 2 weeks, I figured might as well go for it:roflmao: Assuming that he stops by again in the next 2 weeks, how should I go about it? I was thinking the next time he's done printing something (we offer printing :grin:), I was going to hand him a small paper with my email (maybe number? I don't have text though) along with his printed work and mention if he's interested in grabbing coffee, he should feel free to drop me a message.

Go or no go?

#1 Viridian, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  2. josh9623

This sounds like a good idea to me, If he is in a relationship or even if he is straight hopefully (since he's getting his printing done at a queer resource center) he will take it as a compliment. I really like this idea, I mean I wouldn't mind having the nice guy behind the counter slip me his number or e-mail. Try it, and hope for the best. who knows, maybe he'll take you up on your offer.

3. June Cleaver

If at this point guys arn't chasing you then being a wallflower will get you nothing but lonelyness. So you are right, it is time to be assertive. My whole life I have always been chased by guys. But once in my life I did have to be assertive and it was last year. I met this friend we will call him JJ several years ago who is straight of corse and drop dead georgous! While I was with Ken he seayed at a distance from me. Well I got rid of Ken Oct 2011 and JJ suddenly was over all the time hanging out. I quickly realized he was the perfect man for me. I mean the only one yet to hit 100% of my check list plus the nicest 32yo body ripped with muscles and the nicest bubble butt I ever saw plus worked his good paying job for over 10 years. I mean PERFECT!!!! Sweet personality and about to leave his girlfriend taboot! Talk about timming! Well I knew he was intrested in me after all the hints he was dropping. Well I realized he was waiting for me to offer which is something I had never done. As a lady I always wait for the guy to make the first move. So While we sat on my portch swing one day and he was complaining about not getting any sex from her. I told him if he ever was in need, I was up for it like friends with bennifits that I was seeing nobody and would not mind it and that I could handle it without getting emotionally attached and then never mentioned it again. About 2 weeks later he asked so we went to the bedroom and had a great time! Then about every other week we had a great sex until I met Mike. In fact I spent tonight with him over and we had a great time as friends, oh he indecated he wanted some fun but I got saved by his phone. He is not aware that I took Mike back 2 weeks ago which is my problem at the moment, but thanks to his brother calling and needing him I was again able to avoid a desaster. But that is my drama, and my point is all I did was throw it out there and he bit! You don't ask and you won't get sometimes! Later he told me he was afraid to ask after knowing me 3 years and he always wanted to. So you never know what he is thinking. And what mine is thinking is a whole nother story! LOL So get out there and find out what yours is thinking.... June

4. Viridian

Viridian Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh June, how much I adore reading your stories:kiss:

Okay everyone, fingers crossed. Hopefully I can see this guy one last time to pass him my info before I quit:eusa_danc