1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chierro, May 10, 2013.

1. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I need help understanding all these straight crushes I've had over the years...what's wrong with me?

First there was Nick, attracted to him by looks mostly. Eighth grade. We currently are not friends and never really were, but we are on speaking terms.

Then there was Matt, once again attracted by looks but then him, his personality. Eighth grade. We are friends still and has been a great support for any and all guy issues I've had through the years (irony cause he's Catholic...I've always loved that irony).

Then there was Darren...oh, Darren. This one's a doozy...I shan't explain it though since I've done that plenty and, well, I'm not in the mood to write a novel. Crushed on him instantly originally for looks but through the three months were I really got to know him...I fell for him hard because of how great he was. Summer between eighth and ninth grades (crush lasted until August/September of summer between ninth and tenth). Our talking terms are debatable currently but my crush had recently flared back up a few months ago...and I can't seem to let him go.

Most recently there was Tyler. Tyler was a new kid at our school this year and I crushed on him over the summer when I saw pics of him on Facebook. I then ended up having a study hall with him were I gradually got to know him. We talked occasionally but since that was our only class together, I never really got to know him. Semester changed and so did our study hall. We still have it together, just a different room. However we sit nowhere near each other. No way to talk. Over the year I have had reason to develop my crush: he reads for pleasure, did a research report on Edgar Allan Poe (so did I!!!), etc. I forced my crush to slowly wade but now when I seem him it just comes back up..help?

So what's the deal with me? Do I seem like I go after the same kinds of guys? If so, why do I?

Also don't think these have been my only crushes in three years time. There have been small crushes for a week on other girls that quickly faded and crushes on girls...but none of those have necessarily bugged me as much as these four.

2. BudderMC

Is the concern that they're straight? 'Cause I mean, statistically, 19/20 guys you see any day will be straight.

3. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not really that they're straight, per se, but that I get too emotionally attached and then just end up harming myself in the process. For Nick it ended in a major blowout text while I was in Disney with my family (I could probably tell you exactly where I was sitting if I tried). With Matt there was a situation which I would prefer not to talk about, even here. For Darren, well Budder, you know that story probably better than anyone on here. I get to attached and then BAM! Hurt.

Like why does this happen? It's not like every guy I see I'm just like, "ermahgerd I need to maul him this second," but then there's these random special circumstances were I just get so held up on specific guys.

For Darren...it was nearly two years that I crushed on him with MANY ups and downs.

Hmmph.