1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm straight, but have a major crush on a girl

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lezbehonesthere, May 10, 2013.

1. Lezbehonesthere

I've had this huge crush since the fist few weeks I met her, and now it's been two years. I can't even point out what it is, this girl is just incredibly awesome. I kept telling myself that it was all just a girl crush like you idolize a pop singer, but in all honesty, I just love her. I know, how unique is this post? You must have never seen something like it before. I've been decent friends with her since I've met her, but this past year, maybe even the past few months, we've gotten really close. And there's rumors that she's a lesbian, rumors from people I know and trust and I see a few signs. But I'm straight! I mean, I've barely had any crushes, and the few I have have been on male movie stars. Can you be a lesbian for just one specific person and be straight the rest of the time?

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

To answer your last question I believe you can. I believe you can be straight most of the time but there's that one person who reaches out to you across sexualities. I think it works in reverse too. I identify as gay but there was one woman who I worked with that I crushed on hard. She is indescribably beautiful and someone I genuinely would want to be with if circumstances were conducive to that. It doesn't change the fact that I'm gay the majority of the time though. So, I think if you like her and there's a chance she could like you too just go with it. It doesn't mean that you can't continue to identify as straight.

3. Lezbehonesthere

I like her a lot. A lot. And I keep seeing these little signs that she like likes me too-- like touching me the slightest bit more than usual, teasing me, etc. But there's a week and a half left of school before she graduates, which really really sucks. Especially because her home is in a foreign country, so I basically won't see her after she graduates. This sounds silly. This is traumatizing. And even if I did work up the courage in the next week and a half to ask her if she's a lesbian and if she likes me, what will come of it? Either I'll lose a friend out of awkwardness or we'll have this awkward hidden away love because there's no way I'm brave enough to have an openly lesbian relationship if that's not even how I identify.

---------- Post added 11th May 2013 at 12:41 AM ----------

So yeah, I'm confused :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 11th May 2013 at 12:41 AM ----------

Did I mention she's perfect?

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

But by the same token, if you were to just admit how you feel what do you have to lose? If she's leaving after she graduates it's not like you've lost anything; if she doesn't feel the same it's not like she'll be around to make you feel awkward. And if by some chance she does feel the same, it's gotta be better than going through life wondering right? Even if you could never be together because of other circumstances.

5. Lezbehonesthere

Craaaaaap you're right but that's so scary. I mean, what if she mentions it to someone at school? I've still got 2 more years there.

And the quote at the end of your post is very fitting.

6. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It may be scary, but I think you should go for it. It's better to know now, than to wonder for the rest of your life. The "what ifs" you ask yourself after school is out will drive you crazy. And I doubt she will tell anyone, just tell her that you'd prefer to keep things between you and her.

7. Elena

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    By your description, I would say you're bisexual, but leaning more toward guys. Altough you say you haven't had many male crushes except movie stars... I'm lesbian and used to have male musician/actor crushes when I was younger, but I would definitely not really date/have sex with them in real life.

8. Lezbehonesthere

Okay guys, I had a talk with my Mom about it and I think that I am truly straight but I'm just so incredibly sad about this girl leaving (she's one of my closest friends and a really awesome kid) that I'm turning our relationship into a bit more than it actually is. I think that maybe I'll just completely enjoy the time I have left with her, and maybe when I get to college I can experiment with one sex or the other. I currently go to an all-girls school too, so lack of exposure to boys is probably another factor in me crushing a bit harder than usual.