1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Ability to Settle?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, May 11, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I know I am young, and I have already made a thread on "The Difficulty of being Gay?", and some people said that gay people and lesbians have go it easy. They say that we don't have to settle, we have an almost right and warrant to be promiscuous, and that we don't have to put up with kids. Also, someone said that we never settle down.

But I don't want that, I want to have kids, and fall truly in love, and settle down.Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, but it has kind of got something to do with relationships. So, does anyone agree with me? Do you want t settle down and perhaps start a family, like a straight person? Or do you want to not settle, discover everyone that comes your way, and not create a family?

Thanks in Advance!

2. June Cleaver

I have done it twice like a typical straight couple. The relationship now is that way. He is my husband and I the wife. We both have male bodies though I am a woman inside and he is a man. He has 3 children and would love to have them in our home, but the mothers won't let that happen. I was 40 when we got together and about to be 41 so it is current. Mike is a straight man and is married with 3 children by 3 women soon to be devorced from his legal wife.

The first time as a straight couple I was 22 when we got together and 24 when he died. John was a straight man never married.

I had a sugar dady from 20 till 22. Jack was a straight man with a wife and kids at home.

I had a disfunctional abusive relationship from 12 till 20. Tim was Bi sexual and we lived as a couple from 18 to 20.

I had a strange abusive relationship from 34 to 39. Ken was Bi sexual.

So I have got that traditional relationship and both times with a man who identify as straight, the sugar daddy was straight, but lived with his wife and kids keeping me as a sex object. Both Bi guys were not the settle down types, but more the party anamal type. These are the 5 serious relationshipps where we lived together, sugar daddy provided my condo and tons of money and 3 Cadi cars.

I am unsure if any truly gay men would do souch a relationship being they would be short a woman. June

#2 June Cleaver, May 11, 2013
    Last edited: May 11, 2013
  3. AKTodd

My partner and I have been together for 16yrs and counting, so I'd say we're pretty 'settled'. We're both quite happy together are pretty domestic and boring overall.

We don't have children and don't want em (besides our Samoyeds are smarter than most honor students:wink: ), but that's just us. Plenty of gay and lesbian couples have kids and presumably really really want them because they have to go through a lot of extra legal and practical hoops to get them in most cases.

There's no reason that you can't have the kind of life you want. There is no rule that says that you have to live your life doing random hookups any more than there's a rule that says that you must settle down. Ultimately you need to decide how you want your life to turn out and then work toward that goal.

There will be times when it is harder to get there than others and some things you want may have to be modified a bit or you may even find that what you want will change over time. But none of those are concrete reasons why you can't have the life you want. They are just possibilities and we are all bound by possibility.

Hope this helps,

Todd :smilewave

4. LD579

Same-sex relationships, and other 'atypical' relationships, can be just the same as straight relationships, besides the genders of the people involved. LGBT+ people can have kids, and can settle down, and can be promiscuous, just as how straight people can be.

Don't worry about this. There are many people who want to settle down and have a family, straight or otherwise.

Personally, I'd be happy to settle down, but it realistically likely wouldn't happen for quite a while.