1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All new to me.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Bsecretboy, May 11, 2013.

1. Bsecretboy

I just came out to my closest friend. They were shocked because I am a guy who doesn't come across as gay at all. I have also worked hard to maintain that, though I am in high school and haven't been in any relationships, straight or gay. As of recently I simply decided, why lie. I am very at peace with it and I can see my future a little better now if I come out. I have only told that one person because they deserve to know before anyone else. Announcing it doesn't appeal to me, because that's just me choosing to define myself as gay, so I just decided to be honest, if someone asks I won't lie and that's that. On another note, now that I have become open to an actual relationship with a guy, besides just sex (another thing that has never happened), I have become interested in a very particular guy.

I am good close friends with a group of people that, to put it very simply, are like the main people in "How I Met Your Mother" and everyone is straight. There is however one of the guys, who seems to be in the same position as me. Only no one believes him. In the last school year, he has casually said "maybe I'm meant to be with a guy" and twice he just said "I'm gay" but that was the extent of discussion and he is still "straight". He too does not remotely come across as gay, and acts the same way as I do when homosexuality comes up, we act like straight guys. I really have no clue, but I am pretty sure the other night he commented on my attractiveness. I assumed I heard wrong, gave an awkward thumbs up, and that was that. I really have no clue what to do, but I don't think we are currently close enough to just talk about that stuff. My plan is to just get closer and more comfortable on talking relationships with him and see if he comes out again as casually as before. Then I could do the same and see what happens but I really don't know what to think or how bad that could be for the entire groups friendship. But for the first time in my life, I have actually had *feelings* for a guy, besides sexual feelings. So now because of how new that is, and how risky it is, I'm afraid to get too into it, but then I also think it would be healthy to get into it and be more comfortable about an actual relationship. I don't know, I just want to hear what some other people think. :kiss: (&&&) :rolle:

2. Bsecretboy

Anyone? Anyone?

3. KingdomKeyDK

Don't worry about it. If he wants to come out he will, and especially to you. If you two have close relations, just let him know. If he is gay too, then he won't be disturbed. If he's straight, he won't be disturbed. You are just overthinking this too much. Just take baby steps, and you'll get through