1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend and support network changes

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SomeNights, May 12, 2013.

1. SomeNights

So this is less of a LGBT and more of a life issue, but I'm sure someone will be able to answer or help me out with this.

I just graduated college which was in a separate region then where I am now living. I feel like I'm isolated, because most of my friends were where I went to college and now I'm back "home" where most of my high school friends are still in college (I went to an accelerated pace college). My question is what does everyone do to help you adjust with sudden major changes in life?

Also it doesn't help that around college I was out to near everyone and back home i'm out to almost no one and I can't find any gay ppl near me to relate to -_-'

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you know what you need - support network, ability to be more out, knowing more gay people (all of which makes perfect sense, btw) - the question is just, if I understand right, how to make these things happen.

So, is there anything specific standing in the way of them? Are there any LGBT community groups around? Is talking to your family not an option? Could you make new friends while your old friends are still away?

3. Sully

A job. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. It'll keep you occupied, let you interact with new people and give you an income :grin: