1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationships and dating scare the heck out of me!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Unsurevirgin, May 12, 2013.

1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

I cry and get scared of being in a relationship and marrying ,I cry if marriage will be hell which I always thought it think it will be. I cry thinking if marriage abuse and relationship abuse with anyone and feel scared out of my mind . My idiotic mother won't get it ,always talking about a stupid marriage it gets me upset and pissed off ! So any advice from ppl who have been in that situation? Or is ? Bc I can't go to a therapist without my stupid parents knowing ,btw I'm 19 yrs old .

2. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It goes without saying that you are not ready for marriage, hence your reaction to it. I'm unsure why you've mentioned in your thread title only about your fear of dating, yet why you haven't expanded on this aspect. Dating and marriage are very different.

I'm wondering though, why is your mother talking about it around you, are you expected to marry soon?

I'm assuming that you've told her you're not happy for her to talk about marriage, yet she carries on, is this correct?

Why do you feel you need to see a therapist because of this fear? It will do no good even seeing a therapist over this fear when you can tackle and handle it yourself at home by talking to your mother.

3. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Well I'm 19 and I talked to my idiot mom not to talk about it over and over again . She doesn't get the message .

4. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

You are young, you are bound to find love and relationships daunting, especially in same-sex relationships. I think that you are just nervous that you will make a bad impression, and are afraid of rejection and bad responses. Or you might have an inability to settle, or at least at this age, which is normal and fine.

Don't worry yourself too much about it right now, especially when you are only in your late teenage years. Only do things that feel comfortable to you, only you know best, and what are within your restrictions.

5. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

I'm just worried if l'll be in a abusive relationship or cheating or both in the future yknow?