1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends won't believe me.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sacko, May 13, 2013.

1. Sacko

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, first of all, I know I am quite young. 15 is really young I guess...
    So I know a lot can change but I don't know.

I visit 9th grade and figured out a while ago that I might like both. The stupid me decided to tell my friends,who started to say I couldn't be because bi isn't a sexuality and I was quite sad for a little while.
    Later on this year, I fell for one of my best friends but because of some issues I stopped liking her and started to think of a girl I met when I was 13.
    I figured out I liked her a lot as well. You may think it's just friendship, but I kind of want more. I kissed her once in the year I met her. We didn't have much contact but I couldn't get her of my mind...
    However, after having more bad experiences with a boy, to whom I didn't feel attracted at all, I really started to hate imagining me with a boy on my side.

I am really struggling with my sexuality right now. I don't even know if I'm bi, gay, straight, whatever. But I can think of being with a girl. It's different with a boy. I just can't think of kissing one. I could only think of being their best friend or something. It even might be normal for a 15 year old, but I don't know...

Now to my friends: Everytime I mention something about sexuality, it doesn't even have to be about mine, they start to call me 'the most straightest person ever' or 'a wannabe-gay'. Only because I used to like boys a few years ago doesn't mean I still love them, does it?
    Or they call it just a phase. Or this one girl is a exception. I really don't want to say something about it anymore but they keep on telling me I am straight, or that I should go and be a lesbian somewhere else.
    I don't want to be straight for some reason. I just can't imagine being happy if I was. And they aren't a big help for me, while I am figuring it out...

I can't talk to my parents about it either, because they are fairly against homosexuality...

Can someone give me advice? Or has someone been in a similiar situation?

Hope someone can answer soon :grin:
    Lisa

2. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can't make yourself be sexually attracted to someone. If you could, there would be fewer gay people.

Only you know if you're gay. Not your friends, you. If your friends don't believe you, that's their loss. Don't let them define your reality, because they don't know how you feel inside. Just listen to your own heart.

Your friends are either in denial, or have stereotypes of what a 'lesbian' is like that you don't fit. (Maybe you're not a tomboy or something.) You can try to convince them, or you could put up with it, or you could go find better friends. But whatever you do, don't let them tell you what you are.

3. Jordz

Don't worry about it, you know who you are and if they don't believe you that's their fault not yours. Just tell them that you know who you are and you cannot change that no matter what they think

4. Idris

Out Status:
    Some people
    My advice for you would be to be yourself, no matter what your friends say. Follow your heart, and don't worry about what they believe. Like one of the people that replied said, it's mostly because they either look to stereotypes, or are in denial.

In regards to your parents, if you know that they're not supportive, I'd recommend a counselor or therapist to talk with who is LGBT friendly. I did that myself, as my mother isn't completely 100% accepting still, and it helps to talk to someone. As you're still a minor, you don't want to compromise your safety.