1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knowing When to Do the Deed

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AaronMed, May 15, 2013.

1. AaronMed

Hey guys!

So in reference to this:

What do you guys think are the signs I should be looking for to know whether my first date wants to have sex with me and when? I'm going in a first date with him soon, and we both have really high sex drives, so I'm figuring sex will happen sooner rather than later. How will I know if he wants it other than him just telling me?

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    After Foreplay has taken place :slight_smile:

3. AaronMed

Oh, you're a funny one, aren't you? :lol:

Seriously though, what subtle body language and stuff should I be I looking for? This is my first time with a guy ever, so I'm a bit confused...

4. AaronMed

C'mon guys, how will I know?

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's hard to say...so to speak...

It's a little dance that involves so much more than just words, he may be physically close (closer than normal), he may look into your eyes a bit more. His voice may mellow, and he may touch you more than normal.

It's generally not a very difficult thing to discern...Nature has a way of showing the way...

6. PeteNJ

the signs...

more touching
    leads to more kissing
    and more undressing

here's the lecture - have the conversation about when he and you were last tested SOON. and have the conversation about what he and you BOTH agree is safe sex SOON. Have those conversations when there is no alcohol/drugs involved. (or at least minimal amounts). and don't assume -- buy condoms & lube and have them ready to use. (and have fun!)

7. AaronMed

How will I know what normal is if this is the first date? :confused:

Should I make the move to undress or let him do that first? He's more experienced...

Way ahead of you! :slight_smile: He gets tested monthly and I'm a virgin, so we're both 100% clean. And we've agree on no limits :wink:.

Will do!

8. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One point you probably know: he is not guaranteed to be 100% clean with HIV. It takes a while after getting the virus for it to register on the test.

One thought: if he is testing monthly, it probably means that he has had regular sexual activity. Either that, or he is paranoid. That does not rule him out, of course, but it is important to make sure you are comfortable with him and his history. Personally, I'd accept a guy with past history, but I think guys who are heavily into hookups vs relationships would be a poor match for me.

#8 BMC77, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  9. AaronMed

However the probability of contracting HIV from a person with an undetectable viral load - meaning there's not enough virus yet for a test to pick up - is exceptionally small, and statistically significantly, so clinically it's 0% risk and totally safe. That's actually why in Canada they're trying to change the law so that it's not criminal for people with undetectable viral loads to say they're HIV-, because it's practically the same :slight_smile:.

He only does it with people he's known for a while, i.e. he has a few friends with benefits. He's more paranoid than anything. I trust him :slight_smile:.