1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's not going anywhere.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by colorful, May 15, 2013.

1. colorful

I've been dating this girl for a year now but we just aren't getting anywhere anymore. If anything I'm feeling more and more distant from her... The thing is that I can't think what has changed. Maybe I've just changed. I really genuinely do care for her but the relationship has lost something. I keep trying to drop hints that I feel this way. Actually I make an attempt to outwardly discuss my feelings (or lack there of) and it just ends up being subtle and being the unable to deal with anything/express emotions kind of person I am lately I drop the subject.

There are times when we are together and it is awesome and I feel awesome but most of th time we say our hi-how-are-yas, go get lunch or dinner, look at some comics, videos, or watch movie and kiss a bit or whatever. It's just gotten business like... I didn't want it to be that way and I keep telling myself and her that I'll work on it but I can't... I don't know what to do because like I saif I do care about her... I don't know aboutall of this marriage talk... Like we aren't seriousky considering that any to me sooon but she talks about it all the Tim and liked my wedding board on Pintrest and where we are currently in my opinion would be a really sucky relationship....

2. followtherabbit

Try try again. You need to talk to her about your feelings absolutley for sure. But don't assume that this feelings mean an ending. The first step is talk it out.
    Don't get caught up in something because it's comfortable and you're used to it. That can lead to severe misery.
    You need to be forceful (not physically). Say
    "hey. we need to talk about this. Now and not later."
    Some people are experts at deflection and others tend to go with that cause they don't want to say what they really have to say.
    I'm sure you're feeling rather crap about the whole situation but keep your head up.
    The only way you can go is forward, don't let yourself get trapped.

-rabbit