1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't ******* need This!!!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, May 16, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

So my dad is really (prepare yourselves) fucking me off.
    I can't do anything right in his eyes, even yesterday e said that he doesn't care about what I'm doing in school, but only what grades I get - bastard!

Sorry if I'm being harsh , but I don't really care right now. Not only is he discouraging me and making me feel less confident , but it has had a slight effect on my performance in school. Today, I got an A grade, and only got that by 4 marks. That might seem excellent, but I am used to higher end A's, and sometimes A*'s.

I just hate him soooooooo much !!!!!!!! I am stressed with school, my crush (let's call him Z, because I'm always talking about him now.)

I don't need this!!!!!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!!

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He sounds like he may be expecting so much from you that you feel that you have to be a perfectionist. I would perhaps sit him down and let him know that the amount of stress he is inducing is making it so that it's affecting your schoolwork. Maybe that way he will realize he needs to be more encouraging.

3. manoverboard09

Sounds like to me that he's just worried about your education, and that he wants you to do well.
    I mean, when I was in school I tended to not really tell my parents what went ON in school. Just about work and stuff.
    But prove him wrong, keep getting those good grades :slight_smile: and if something is affecting your grades more at school than just your dad, tell him.

4. Enchanted Mark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

There are times where everybody hates their parents. My dad doesn't really care about my grades. I'll hand him my report card with straight A's (Couple of times) and he'll be like, "Mhmm." Most of the times I don't care what he thinks. As long I'm making MYSELF
    proud, I'm happy.

I think you need encouraging. Your dad is just ONE person, you shouldn't care. And you shouldn't hate your father. He raised you, sheltered you, feed you and MUCH more.

Control your stress. Take a rest, don't push yourself. You don't need a guy to make you happy. I just erased my crush out of my head today! I was OBSESSED with him for months! I would day dream about him during class, losing my focus. But I realized I didn't need a guy to make me happy. All it did for me gave me stress, lose focus, and depression. :dry:

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Whatever you do, don't rebel against him by underperforming in school - that will hurt you in the long-run far more than it will him. In fact, one of the reasons I bombed high school was for that very reason, and it's still a huge regret. We don't realize it at the time, but our choices in school will put in motion the events that take place later in life, either in small ways, or large ones.

Forget him, do this for yourself. It's your life, not his, so it's your actions that will affect the outcome of your academic performances. Never let someone else take control of your life.

6. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Don't worry I'm not going to do bad in school in purpose, I just wish he would care more.

7. SilverGirl

hey honey! i think myheartincheck nailed it, try talking to him, explain him what you just said here, that he is putting pressure in you to suceed, i dont know exactly the difference between an A and an A* (grades are measured differently here), but i know that an A is great already! just tell him you are doing your best! you are doing great honey! there is no need to be perfect, so dont feel bad about it!

but please dont be so harsh with your father, i think he just wants to be proud of his son, thats normal, its something all parents wish, so dont be too harsh with him, like Enchanted Mark said, he raised you, fed you, teached you and much more, and he will always be there for ya, so just try talking about it to him! :icon_wink

8. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

A is the second best
    A* is the best

But he still doesn't seem to be happy with an A. My friend get like £50 if they get a C grade, and I only get £20 if I get an A*. I don't want the money, but it shows that he has high expectations of me, almost impossible expectations, and it is quite discouraging when I am rewarded with a "that's good", and no more emotional or financial, which I do not even want that much, credit.