1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to act when my guy friends are talking about women

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by josh9623, May 16, 2013.

1. josh9623

so pretty much this is the situation i was put in today, since we are doing certification exams in my tvpro class the people who had finished were put into the (soundproof) studio rooms so that we wouldn't disturb the people who were still testing, and it came up that where two of my friends work there is a hot girl so they were going on about how hot she is and so on. and one of them pulled up her facebook page and got her picture and started passing it around. I am not out to any of the guys who were in that room (i'm only out to one person in that class) nor do I feel comfortable coming out to them (we're friends but like in-class friends nto really close friends) so I was wondering how many people have been in this situation and how they handled it, Personally it made me very uncomfortable.

2. SomeNights

I ignore it, go with the "yeah, sure, whatever, not really interested" answer. Most of the time it passes off and if it's someone that I really don't want to know that I'm gay I'll just say "eh, she's okay, but not my type" and change subject.

3. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One reason I look forward to being 100% out of the closet, should that happy ever arrive, is that I won't have these sorts of problems to deal with...

Two possibilities I see right this moment:
    • You can say yes, she's beautiful. I can do that honestly sometimes, even though I have less than zero interest in sex with a woman.
    • You can say, "Not my type." And get the conversation changed before you get asked "who is your type?"

4. Hefiel

Whenever I hanged around with a group of guys, and the discussion stirred towards a good looking female in the surrounding, I generally still participated. I've never had an issue commenting on a female appearance even if that's not my "field" so to say. If she's good looking, I'd say so.

I wasn't out to them either of course, but I didn't feel restricted per se.