1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeing a friend for the first time after comig out!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sully, May 16, 2013.

1. Sully

Today I'm seeing one of my best friends who I haven't seen in quite a few weeks! And the last time I saw him I came out to him!

He's gay, so obviously doesn't have a problem with it, but I'm just freaking out a little bit!

Do you think he'll bring it up and want to talk about it? I'd really like to but I'm not quite sure how to and if I WANT TO bring it up.
    Just ranting a little, just to get it off my chest :slight_smile:

2. FunnyMonkey

He may bring it up and ask how thing are going with you coming out. he may not and let you bring it up.

If you want to bring it up just, mention something about, maybe ask him about his coming out? I don't think he'll have any problem with it. If you can't think of anything, just be like. Hey I don't know how to bring this up, but I want to talk about my coming out?

Good luck!!

3. awesomedude1

awesomedude1 Guest

if he brings it up, you should feel comfortable with it afterwards.

4. Enchanted Mark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello Sully!

First off, CONGRATULATIONS!

He probably will bring it up. It depends on what he wants to talk about your sexual orientation. If he does and you don't want to, just tell him that you don't feel comfortable about talking about it.

5. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You are friends and you haven´t seen eachother for a while? Isn´t it more likely he would like to know what you´ve been up to in the mean time and you wanting to know what he´s been up to? Could include dating (what you or him been up to), but the fact that you are gay shouldn´t be a subject in itself, I should think.

6. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I don't know why you're so worried! I came out to my a few of my friends on the Thursday, and saw them again in the Friday. They brought it up, and I was quite glad by that; it showed me that they were and still are concerned and care about my homosexuality and love-life, and they are not even gay. And for you having a gay best friend, he should be very supportive and assuring.

Don't worry about seeing your friend again, even if there has been a few week gap, it should all turn out fine!