1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encouragement by Friends; Discouragement by Myself?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, May 17, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

So I'm not going out mention what my crush did today to show me that he might be interested or at least curious about me, but I don't know what I should do next...

I have liked him for 5 months and known him for 7 years. And in the recent weeks he has been looking at me a lot more than usual, he has starting smiling at me, or at least my presence, he doesn't mind getting closer to me than usual, and and has on once occasion physically contacted me, without my encouragement. It has got to the point where I am actually thinking that hr is interested in me. And it has got that far that I think that he is going to be the one that actually starts the communication between us.

The thing is, I can,t go on with this for the next 2 or so years that I am in secondary school, and I understand that I need to talk to him, or at least interact by smiling and staring (by staring, I do look at him, but when he looks at me I always look away because I'm just so scared). But my friends and even acquantainces say that he is gay, and is always looking at me, and of course encourage me to talk to him, but... I can't!

I discourage myself because I am afraid of a bad reaction and ruining everything. I would rather live with not knowing if he likes me or not, than knowing that he doesn't like me. As well as this, what would I say? He is almost a total stranger, and is already suspicious that I either me, or my friend likes him (he probably thinks it's me). And one of my "friends told him and pointed right at me. And that kind of discouraged me as well.

I'm going through a self-conflict that I just can't conclude. Talk or not talk? Will he talk to me first or not? Is he gay or not? Does he like me or not? Does he like my friend or not? I'm so distraught and have is many more questions and concerns that will never be answered if I don't talk to him, but I can't! What if it all goes badly, what then? My life or a decent part of it would be ruined!

Any Advice?!

2. Yui

Yui

I'll just reply here instead of going back to your other thread, okay? :slight_smile:

When you see him in the morning and he looks at you/smiles at you, you look/smile back at him, right? So, Monday morning when you'll see him, this is what you're going to do:

You say hello or good morning, whatever. I mean, you're acknowledging each others presence anyways - might as well say something. Just a quick hello, you can pretend to look for something in your bag, then look up -> at him, so you'll catch him looking/smiling at you and then you say hi or something and smile. He'll say hi as well, you look down and continue to look for a book/pen/whatever in your bag and go away. Do that for like two weeks and then we'll talk about the next step, alright? :slight_smile: Saying hello to a stranger who looks at you isn't weird, it's polite - people do it all the time.

3. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Yes, I dnderstand what your saying, but I'M TOO SCARED. I'M AFRAID OF A NEGATIVE REACTION FROM HIM, AND RUINING EVERYTHING, AND BEING IGNORED BY HIM. And me and him have already got a sort of vendetta, and because of that he might ignore me and then I would be very, well.... Sad.