1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice on my crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by InsaneApple, May 17, 2013.

1. InsaneApple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello, everyone. My first post here. Normally, I would go to my mom for relationship and dating advice, but since this is my first crush with a male and I don’t want to tell my mom I’m bisexual yet, this seems like the best place to go. (Even posting it here, anonymously, makes me feel a bit awkward.)

(I will use the first letter of people’s last names to hide their identities.)

I haven’t had many good friends up until right now (my last semester of high school, go figure.) So I really am not sure if M is attracted to me or if it is him just being a good friend. I know M is perfectly fine with gay marriage and even convinced his best friend since sixth grade that it is okay.

So, I met M at the beginning of the 2013 in Journalism at my high school. (We also share the same last hour.) After about a month, we became friends and after another month, I started getting a crush on him.

I guess I will break this down into categories to make it easier to read than a wall of text.

A) Random confessions he has told me:
    1) M has social anxiety and has trouble talking to strangers. (When I asked him if that meant he has trouble talking to me, he said no and then I asked him about some of the people in the room that he has known longer, he said he does have trouble with some.)
    2) When I asked M why he says I hate cats, he said it’s because he’s allergic, but it just evolved into a joke.
    3) About two weeks ago, M changed his Facebook status to “In a relationship”. (This did make me sad.) The next day at school I asked him who he was dating, and he said that lots of people were asking him that question and he didn’t know what they were talking about until he looked on his profile. He said he must’ve added that when he was clearing notifications from his phone, but he didn’t get rid of it because he thought it was funny for people to beg him to tell them. And he only told a couple people the truth that it was a mistake.

B) Group interactions:
    1) W, a kid in Journalism, complemented M and he said he didn’t think the complement was serious. I asked what if I said it, he said he’d believe it.
    2) I asked him if he would “dance” in Journalism if we could get C to dance, he said no. I asked what if I also did it and he said maybe. (Later that day, he said he go to go to a banquet at the school that included a dance, he said he hated the dance because his dad always tries to get him to socialize and dance with other people even though he hates most people at the school.)
    3) J, a kid in Journalism, said (jokingly, I think), “Nobody likes you, M.” I said, “I like M.” J said, “Nobody likes you, InsaneApple.” M said, “I like InsaneApple.”
    4) When C was implying that she would marry me someday, M said “InsaneApple, I thought that we had something special.”
    5) When in a group that doesn’t includes M’s best friend, he will almost always look over at me to see how much I’m laughing during a joke.

C) Individual interactions:
    1) M will randomly want a hug or high fives.
    2) M will interact around me, sometimes, like he does around some females friends. (A pseudo-flirting is the best way I could describe it.)
    3) M was really excited when I told him I would be able to have the same lunch as him the last three days of school.
    4) I use to show up to Journalism about 30 minutes late everyday because of a conflict in schedule (don’t worry, the teacher was okay with it.), he would always say “InsaneApple, you’re X minutes late/early” compared to the normal time I would show up.
    5) We will occasionally play fight by lightly hitting each other.
    6) When we are sitting next to each other and our body parts brush together or are touching, he doesn’t appear uncomfortable.
    7) M seems to stand closer to me than he does his normal friends (excluding, maybe, his best friend.)
    8) When I leave to go to the restroom/other places, M will occasionally say “InsaneApple, don’t leave me.”

D) Now the category of negatives (I’m sure there may be more, but I’m seeing all this through rose colored glasses):

1) Facebook profile says interested in women.
    2) M had 3 girlfriends. (But claims 2 were crazy.)
    3) M will say during some jokes “Because I’m not gay.” (Though I haven’t heard him say it recently.)
    4) When someone jokes saying M is in a relationship with his best friend (a guy), he gets annoyed or defensive.

Thank you for your time and advice.

TL;DR: Read A1, A3, B1, B5, C2, C3, C7, D1, D4 to get a good gist.

2. Parawhore

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think he's just being a good friend.

However, I had/have a mutual crush on this one guy, and it sounds incredibly a lot like us. We used to say that neither of us were gay, but I knew it was a farse haha

I say, wait a little longer, and see what happens.

Good luck! I know it's hard waiting when you just want that one person, and you want them NOW...But it's worth it, believe me.

3. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    I say you're in a 50/50 chance. I'm not saying that's the exact ratio, but there's a decent possibility