1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exes and friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Unsurevirgin, May 17, 2013.

1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

How many of u keep ur ex as a friend and keep in touch with them ? And another question is how often do u talk to the friends u have made ? Or do u forget and erase them and make new ones? Bc I keep my 1st ex bf as my friend and he wants to keep in touch with me everyday . I wanna keep in touch too but seriously ? Everyday ? I'm not his gf anymore and this was long distance . And my well the friends I had b4 I met my ex faded and keep in touch well not as much I do . So any advice ?experiences ? And how you have dealt with them ?

2. AKTodd

My partner and I exchange Xmas cards with my ex every year and have been doing this for more than 10yrs now (My ex used to just exchange cards with me until he met my partner some years back after which he sent the card to both of us. We always both sign the card to him).

I lost touch with most of my friends from college, but still keep in touch with my best friend, plus have friends here where I live. We just did dinner with them tonight actually. Sometimes we go weeks without talking to each other, other times we talk lots. Depends on what we have going on.

Re your ex - talking to you every day seems a bit much to me, but I'm not the most social person in the world, either. If it's bothering you, then that may be the most important thing to consider when thinking about how to deal with it.

Todd

3. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

I know,how long did it take u to reconnect with ur ex?

4. June Cleaver

So far it never works for me! For one thing both living exs don't want anyone else to have me. It is crazy, one has a wife now and the other had a GF the last time I saw him. I am happy for them and don't understand why they can't extend me the same courtasy. Of corse my last ex is related to my current man as they are 1st cousins. Talk about aquard! My last ex is the only one in this town so all "our" friends went with him. He never let me talk to anyone and I knew better than try all those years. It was hard enough keeping his male relatives at bay. I am sure all of them thought I was a snob or something, but Ken knew what happens to guys around me and was sure he would be diffrent since they were so close comming up. It always seems to come to sex. The one friend I got to get to know lasted about 5 hours the first day before he took his kids home and he had to do it. That was a total desaster quickly. So I did keep away from all the male friends or limit their exposure to the min. Every body will be diffrent on this one! June

5. followtherabbit

I'm best friends with one of my exes, and he's just an awesome friend.

And another has acted in two shows i directed since we parted ways... we're cool with each other and i tried to be friends with him but it just didn't happen. We talk every now and then though, he still makes me laugh more than anyone but he was younger and it was just bad timing for me.

The third, well, we have not said a word to each other since it ended, they turned out to be a huge jerk.

Basically i just think it depends on the person and how it ended. The one who i talk with, but am not close with, usually i text him now and then, ask about his family and what he's up to. Sometimes i notice how much he's grown up since i broke up with him and wish we could reconnect but that hasn't happened.

You just gotta evaluate the situation and make it so that any partner you have is not uncomfortable, that you are not uncomfortable and that your ex is not uncomfortable.
    If you want to talk with them less, express that.
    Do whats best for you!

6. I'm friends with my ex, it's not a big deal. My ex is even in a relationship and I hang out with both of them, and everyone gets along perfectly fine. I think part of the reason is because we're all young and I think that if we were older, we'd probably take everything more seriously, but it's not a big deal. My ex was and is a really good friend and in the end, all is forgiven. If we couldn't make it dating, we'll definitely make it as being best friends. I don't think it's a problem at all.

7. Tiny Catastrophe

You guys are all lucky. I was friends with one of my exes who I dated for literally 2 weeks 5 years ago and we never even kissed but my girlfriend made sure to end that friendship along with several others. If you are on good terms with an ex and you both no longer have feelings for each other I don't think it would be a bad idea. I used to keep in touch with some of my exes occasionally. And as for my friends, I talk to my best friend pretty much every day and other friends I talk to maybe a few times a week or less.

8. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Well my ex still feels for me and I'm not for him but we still click it's werid and yay Long Island buddy ! :slight_smile: comic con was good :slight_smile: oh friends update ! I had a good time with my friends ,I wasn't planning on meeting them but they found me and we had good time :slight_smile:

9. Goodnyte

I keep in touch with my ex girlfriend. She and I pretty much talk everyday, unless something big is going on or she and I had a argument. We never really lost contact with each other. We still say the same things we did when we were together, though we both understand we are nothing more than friends and most likely never will be again.

I didn't make any friends with her friends really and vice versa, mainly because it was long distance but also because I found all her friends assholes. A lot were pretty rude to me.

I keep in touch with most of my exes besides her, though not everyday. Maybe we will talk once in a while or come to each other for advice, but other than that we don't talk.

These are just my experiences.

10. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

U contradicted urself lol