1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell my friend I like her?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by chartreuse, May 18, 2013.

1. chartreuse

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So the other day, I was at a sleepover, and the topic of bisexuality came up. One of my friends was like, "What if I'm bi and I don't know it because I haven't met a girl I liked?" That's actually how I realized I was bisexual. I realized I liked one of my friends, and I just started to uncover my attraction to girls. Being bisexual, I decided to tell my friends this, and that I was bi. They were all cool with it, although a little surprised ("Really?" "Oh my gosh!") but the girl I like wanted to know what girl I like. I was just like, "I can't tell you," because I was scared to. So she was like, "Is she in this room?" and I was like, "Yeah." And then she started to point to people, and I would say no, because she didn't point to herself. Finally, she was like, "I've eliminated all of the obvious choices, who is it?" And I was like, "I really want to tell you but I can't. You would be weirded out." She kept trying to get me to tell her, so I just said, "Maybe I'll tell you someday." A couple of my other friends jumped in and were like, "She doesn't have to tell you." So she stopped, but I kind of regret not telling her. I'm pretty sure she's straight, but she has kissed a girl, except she was younger and didn't really know what she was doing. We are 14, by the way. I just don't know if it would ruin our friendship. She is really accepting and all, but I love her so much and I wouldn't want to weird her out. How would you react if someone told you they had a crush on you? Should I tell her? Thank you so much if you answer, this is really bothering me!

2. I don't think you should tell her because if she pointed out everyone in the room, the only person left would've been her, so chances are she probably figured it out already. Just wait for her to bring it up rather than you bringing it up. If she feels the same she'll bring it up and then you can confirm it, but I don't really think you should say anything. Or, you can just do this, which is a little trick I've always used if things don't go well. Tell her you like her, and if she reacts good, then that's good, but if she takes it the wrong way, say you were just kidding and be convincing about it. That's how I get myself out of awkward situations all the time.

3. chartreuse

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    She didn't point out everyone in the room, but she didn't ask if it was her.

4. vere

What do you hope to get by telling her?

5. chartreuse

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I hope to know if she likes me back.

6. Goodnyte

I would react kind of shocked that someone had a crush on me.

Now, to the question in your title, tell her. You never know until you try. That is my opinion. I would hate for you to look back and say "Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda"

Go for it! Even if she doesn't like you back, you still put yourself out there.

7. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh my god, you posted this on Yahoo answers. I replied to it before, LOL. How ironic! :lol:

8. vere

I just ask because I really strongly believe that there is no use in revealing your feelings to your crush unless you strongly believe it a.) will be reciprocated or b.) wont ruin your friendship. If you believe she might like you or really think that admitting this wouldn't make things awkward, then go for it. Otherwise, I'd just wait for the crush to pass.