1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing my rebel, carefree boyfriend to my smart, driven, 'good-children' friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SixtusKelevra, May 19, 2013.

1. SixtusKelevra

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I met this nice guy at a party just recently and we really get along with each other. We communicate a lot and he said he liked me, and I think I liked him too. The we're officially on just yesterday and as a new couple, we are working quite nicely.

But here is the catch: I am not sure if he can be accepted by my friends because I feel that my friends would think that my boyfriend is not the type for me. You know, I am that kind of person who studies, who has a standard and who has plans for the future. Plus, I have never had a boyfriend before. But my boyfriend doesn't go to school anymore, he's a rebel, and he had a lot of flings and flirtationships before me.

This quite bothers me because I don't think my friends can have a good perspective on our relationship. I mean, I know we can work out, but my friends' opinion about each my relationship is very important to me. Especially that they know that he is my first boyfriend.

At the back of my mind I am still hoping that my friends will be positive about our relationship. After all, it is MY relationship, and MY life.

How will I introduce my rebel, carefree boyfriend to my ambitious, driven clique? Do you know some techniques that I can use so that my friends will like him and will like to hang out with my boyfriend?

Please? :help:

#1 SixtusKelevra, May 19, 2013
    Last edited: May 19, 2013
  2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Re: Introducing my rebel, carefree boyfriend to my smart, driven, 'good-children' fri

You can't force your friends to like and want to hang out with your boyfriend, and trying to trick them into liking him and wanting to hang out with him if they wouldn't naturally will only last so long. Just introduce him as he is. If the prospect of doing that really makes you that nervous, then maybe deep down you know something that you're not willing to admit consciously.

3. fairlyfey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Re: Introducing my rebel, carefree boyfriend to my smart, driven, 'good-children' fri

Your first bf huh? Have fun but don't expect it to last long...
    Remember your friends are there for you, don't blow them off just because they might not like your guy. They could be dead wrong about him, but you should still hear them out at least. Good luck!