1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to go to a lgbt social meet

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RedPowerRanger, May 19, 2013.

1. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I would like to go to a lgbt social meet here in Shrewsbury. It`s called chill out mondays. Open to all ages and basically what i read of it is just a meet and greet. There an option to go to a gay club after for dance and drag acts which i`m not interested in going there really. I just don`t know how to tell my mum i want to go and i dont think she understands what it is all about really. I can`t go on my own because of my illness. Any advice how to tackle this issue of letting me go there?

2. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

U could call some friends and drop u off ?

3. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Sadly i dont have any friends. :icon_sad:

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think your Carer is your best bet, get her to drop you off & pick you up after the meeting :slight_smile: (*hug*):kiss:(*hug*):kiss:(*hug*)

5. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Thanks Dublin Boy.

---------- Post added 19th May 2013 at 02:40 PM ----------

Any ideas how i can apporach my mum about this subject please?

6. MrBrightside

The way i would do it is say something like "now that i have come out as gay, id like to meet other gay people who have shared my experiences..." or something like that. Just be sure to make sure she knows its not because you feel uncomfortable speaking to her.

Im sure she will be very supportive of you going out and meeting people. Mums always want to see their kids happy at the end of the day!

Oh, and if my mum is anything to go by, give her a day or twos notice!

7. fairlyfey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Explain that it's just a social thing to meet with other people in your community. That's really all it is and it's a lot of fun to just talk with other LGBT folks after coming out. If you're worried she'll think it's debauchery or people looking for sex, explain that it isn't because it really isn't. She might even want to make a few friends there herself, or would you prefer she only know about it and not actually attend?

As for the possible drag stuff later, don't knock it too much...it's loads of fun actually. (!)
    I hope your illness doesn't interfere with you having a social life too much; I bet your mom will want you to make friends, good luck!