1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My "Straight" Best Friend.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CaliType, May 19, 2013.

1. CaliType

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Guys help me too.

Hi I'm 16, and the name I will go by on here Jeremy because I'm not out to a lot of people.

So I'm bisexual and I know it.
    I don't deny it, I don't think it's a bad thing, at all.
    But as of now I am lost, this has been in my mind 24/7 for the past week to be honest.

So I have this bestfriend who is just funny, and careless about really everything. He's 16 just like me, and I feel like he's bisexual, I know he's not gay but I feel like he has a certain attraction for guys, (although all he talks about is girls) and mainly girls asses, the funny part about that is that he's new to my school this year and this is my freshman year and at the beginning of the year he wasn't into any of the girls there but now suddenly he's into some girls that aren't even attracted because of their asses.

But recently it's been different I've always been open to him about my feelings but I got busy for a while and new people started talking to him, and ever since 2 months ago he hasn't really talked to me sentimentally. Although I know a lot of his deepest secrets that he would dare to tell anyone.

I just want our friendship to get stronger I'm not really looking into a relationship because AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT, we're both busy guys.

Here's the problem, it has been bugging me for the past week because he just got a social networking cite to we're he followed 4 gay guys that I use to know, and I talked to the gay guys and they said he looks "curious" and then I got one of them to text him and ask him and his answer was "no". After that night 3 days ago be unfollowed all the gay guys he use to follow, it's just confusing, I don't know if its me that really wants him to be bisexual that's making me feel like it? But I know he won't be the one to tell me first he's very uptight about his true feelings except at some moments but then he tries to end the conversation right away.

And now he avoids to text me, I really don't know why, although the reason might be that I see him everyday and talk to him everyday and he just wants to talk to different people, that's normal.

Plus he always acts like a homophobe I remember when we first started talking he use to call me a "faggot" a lot and "gay" but now he doesn't even mention it, and A LOT of times I do non-straight things that would normally cause him to call someone else a faggot but he doesn't call me that anymore.

And lastly for now, yesterday we were talking and he gave me a really blunt stare for like 5 seconds I looked at him and I just got
    Stuck on my words it was so strong I felt it, although what I have noticed even though he doesn't show a lot of feelings he has been more "touchey" with me and stuff like that like when we sit next to each other I intentionally scoot towards him and he doesn't move, if he does he waits quite a while.

I have plans in telling him about me this summer because I'm a really busy guy in HS and I don't want a friendship that was never meant to be to hold me behind from other things I could be doing instead of being so focused on this because it literally goes through my head 24/7 I love this guy he's like my brother and I wod die for him. I have no shame in saying this, but I'm getting mixed signals he's just been closing on me recently but when we hangout he's a little more open although I never bring up meaningful conversations in that matter, because it wld be really awkward.

I'm dying inside. Help.

And I've never been the
    kind of person who likes to focus more on my social life then school life, school has always been first to me but this time it has hit me hard.

2. fairlyfey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Careful, cuz honestly he's just some boy. The "no" thing could mean he's either straight or not ready to be out yet. If it's just that you want to get laid and you don't care about dating in particular, then find someone else who won't cause you heartache.

But if you really can't get him out of your head, then maybe you are interested in a little more then just sex. So I guess make a move over the summer if you're sure, but only if you've already come out to him and his reaction isn't to cut you out of his life. Then proceed slowly. If he's okay with you being out to him and being in his personal space, like sitting so close to him your legs are touching, then there's a chance that he wants you to take it further but is too chicken to say anything. But even at this point, even if he does like you but is afraid to admit it, be prepared for him to be spooked and run for space. If it doesn't work out, then no big deal, approach someone else. You never know, you might luck out.