1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my friends thinks...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by xashesxx, May 20, 2013.

1. xashesxx

xashesxx Guest

I live with my best friend, who I've known for 10 years. I came out to her two years ago and she was fine with it. Over the weekend I had had some girl problems (who was the first girl I've been with) and almost jokingly I had said "at least I know for sure I'm gay" and I started laughing. I know I am, I'm sure of who I am. She just looked at me and got mad. She said I can't be sure because I've only had two experiences in my life, one guy and one girl. We started arguing, I got really upset. I told her I didnt even need that much. I've never been attracted to guys anyways. I never noticed them like I noticed girls. Men make me uncomfortable and women dont. She said she didnt like it when random guys flirted with her either but that didnt make her gay. At this point I wanted to do nothing but cry, which I had already done more than enough of that day and the night before. I tried to explain it to her. I don't know how else to say it. She said that the guy I had been with a few years ago wasnt exactly a "good" experience, he was not a good guy for anyone really...she wants me to at least try to be with another guy. I don't want to be. Right now I don't want to find anyone else, but that's all because of a girl right now...

How do I get it through to my friend that I am indeed a lesbian and that I don't have to sleep with a bunch of men and women in order to figure it out for sure?

2. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Tell her why u like girls and why u think a girl is better . Can u answer am I crazy thread ? It's in the family and relationship thread .

3. NeonMan

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    If you are really sure of your sexuality then you don't have to go sleep with a bunch of men just to prove anything. I think it's just like how you do not have to sleep with gay people just to prove that you are straight. Remember that it is you who knows yourself - what you want, what you love, what you like, what you dislike, etc. - more than anyone else.

4. xashesxx

xashesxx Guest

I know all of that. I tried telling her that I just know that I prefer women...she still thinks I'm not gay. I know I don't have to sleep around, and I don't want to. The thought of sleeping with another guy is gross to me ( no offense). I just can't get over the fact that my best friend doesnt believe that I'm gay. I'm worried she has a problem with it...even though two nights ago she agreed to go to pride parade with me this year. I'm just confused as to why she thinks this way...

5. NeonMan

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Maybe she just want to make sure that you are sure of your preferred gender since as you've said, she is fine with it. Your situation with your best friend is quite of mind boggling to me.

6. Femmeme

Is your friend straight? I'm guessing yes. If that's the case ask her how she knows for sure since she hasn't had sex with a bunch of women.

7. xashesxx

xashesxx Guest

Yes she is. I thought about that after we argued for a while. I didnt wanna bring it up again. This isn't the first time we talked about it. It won't be the last. I just know I'm gay. I've known for sure for a while. Back in school when they were all boy crazy I didnt feel the same. I just never understood what I was feeling. It took me a long time to accept myself and now that I came out to everyone and I'm taking pride in who I am, it just hurts like hell that she thinks that. I'm dealing with other shit on top of this, I was already hurting and then she drops that on me...