1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unrequited love

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nintendo1, May 21, 2013.

1. Nintendo1

Nintendo1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How do you get over someone who isn't interested in you?

I started talking to this guy online a couple of months ago and I really like him. I thought he liked me as well but I was wrong. He never said he didn't like me, but he has been ignoring me for the past couple of weeks so it is kind of obvious. I can't stop thinking about him though. It hurts knowing that he is going to be with other people but not me. I feel so upset and miserable about it :frowning2:

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of all the miseries in life, this is one of the hardest to deal with. There is no injury or insult just a hope that has been dashed.

The only cure is time, you will get over it, but you will also never forget. Just be glad that you have it in you to love someone deeply, you will find another, and you will have learned something valuable about yourself.

3. Rinto

Rinto Guest

Yeah, I do believe that the best way to get on with this is just to keep pressing on and just like how greatwhale said, time heals it. But do try focusing somewhere else aside from him and it might help.

4. NeonMan

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    This always happen to me. Some time in the future, you will find another guy that you will love too and he will do the same and you will forget about this unrequited love because that love that you have found overwhelms/covers *can't find the right term* the past unrequited love experience.

Patience will be your only choice.

:slight_smile:

5. HeyAshley

when you meet someone online there's normally a distance barrier. that's probably why.