1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long distance?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Spurned, May 21, 2013.

1. Spurned

Spurned Guest

As you can probably guess from the title, I'm in a long distance relationship and it's the first real one I've ever had. I'm a little bit worried seeing as she's questioning her sexuality herself, but we really do like each other. I'm also worried I won't be able to keep the relationship up and keep her happy.
    I'm planning to meet her late August or in October half term as she'll still be in school and I'll be in college (I'll be 16, she'll be 14.) as money is tight and I don't earn any at my age. Also I'll be getting my exam results and my 16th is a few days before results day, so I'll be getting money from both events!
    I was just wondering, does anyone have any tips for long distance relationships? Such as, something to keep the relationship going, or just words of support?
    It could also help for people in similar situations. :icon_bigg
    And thank you!

2. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Skype? Letters? Gifts? 360 dates ?

3. Spurned

Spurned Guest

We Skype a lot and we've sent each other one letter each (I'm waiting for her reply), but we do Skype nearly every evening so letters aren't always needed. Not always video call, but we're still chatting! :icon_bigg
    We can't afford gifts for each other, we both have no money whatsoever. Or the little we have, we have to keep for ourselves! :lol:
    What are 360 dates? I've never heard of them. :icon_redf
    Thank you! :icon_bigg

4. Mysz

I had a long distance relationship with a boy, before I had to end it because I was coming out as gay. It lasted about a year, and we saw each other for about three weeks straight during that period.
    Keeping it going is both parties' jobs- Skype is great! Maybe you can make sessions interesting by playing games over video call, or a multiplayer website. I played chess over video (not recommended, it gets annoying saying knight to E4 all the time), but on a multiplayer site, you can engage in some friendly competition :grin:

5. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Look up 360 places its a place where it shows u places and me and my ex did that a lot ,I kinda miss him now as my bf but he's still my best friend.

6. Spurned

Spurned Guest

Ooh, that sounds awesome! We're both interested in drawing so I was thinking of playing something like "Draw Something" but I don't have a graphics tablet and it's difficult to do without. Thanks for the advice! :icon_bigg

It's good you're still close friends! Oooh, that sounds good, I'll have a look :slight_smile:

7. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Basically we did a lot of virtual dating like Rome, France,Greece and imagine we were there and the honeymoon suite was vacant . Bc I couldn't visit him and do that with him and go out with him outside.

8. Spurned

Spurned Guest

Oooh, that sounds really nice! Thank you!

9. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Ur welcome just an update he didn't wanna talk to me anymore . So we ended our friendship too . I couldn't take it hearing another girl kissing his body. Yknow ? I wasn't in love but I miss him . :frowning2: so we deleted each others numbers