1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends V Love?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, May 22, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Before I begin, I have been told to keep all of my posts in one thread, but this thread has got nothing to do with my crush, well nothing significant enough to post it in the same thread, so I think it's OK to create a new thread for this.

This is going to be a bit of an opinion thing.

What do you think are more important, friends or romantic relationships. It may vary at age groups. I am 13 and think that at my age friends are more important, because let's face it, when you're at school it's most likely it won't go any further that college, sure there are exceptions, but your friends can last a lot longer, and at my age, are a lot more reliable that lovers. Despite this, I am looking for a romantic relationship, but still currently value friends more than love. Maybe if I do go out with Jim, my opinion may change, but that's my opinion at the current moment.

I'm thinking that when I'm older and school and uni etc are out of the way and completed, love will be more valuable that friends, because it is much more likely that the romantic relationship will last than when you are in school.

So what do you think? Please feel free to comment and poll!

2. AKTodd

I have virtually zero contact with the people I went to HS with and remained in contact with only one friend from college (but she's my best friend). Then again, I'm not the most warm and fuzzy guy around.

I think that you should just live your life. If a romantic opportunity comes along then it will come along and it will either last or it won't. But that could be said to happen at any time in your life. I don't see friends and romance as an either or thing. My partner is also my friend as it were.

Todd