1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends V Love? Final Copy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, May 22, 2013.

?

Which are more important, Friends or Lovers?

1. Friends, but more so at a young age

11.1%
  2. Friends at all age groups

33.3%
  3. Lovers, but more so in adulthood

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. They are just as important

55.6%
  1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Sorry for the repeat thread, I forgot something that I couldn't edit, and it is pretty important. This thread will contain exactly the same as the original thread, but just with a poll, sorry for the repeat again.

Before I begin, I have been told to keep all of my posts in one thread, but this thread has got nothing to do with my crush, well nothing significant enough to post it in the same thread, so I think it's OK to create a new thread for this.

This is going to be a bit of an opinion thing.

What do you think are more important, friends or romantic relationships. It may vary at age groups. I am 13 and think that at my age friends are more important, because let's face it, when you're at school it's most likely it won't go any further that college, sure there are exceptions, but your friends can last a lot longer, and at my age, are a lot more reliable that lovers. Despite this, I am looking for a romantic relationship, but still currently value friends more than love. Maybe if I do go out with Jim, my opinion may change, but that's my opinion at the current moment.

I'm thinking that when I'm older and school and uni etc are out of the way and completed, love will be more valuable that friends, because it is much more likely that the romantic relationship will last than when you are in school.

So what do you think? Please feel free to comment and poll!

2. LuckyScrubs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Can I revoke my poll? :lol:

There need to be balance between enjoying with friends and lovers. Sure, most times in the adulthood especially when everyone has their own family and life to live, lovers will be the ones that always by your side and well you feel fuller when he/she's around, but there are also times good to have "me" time and hang out with friends to catch up and do fun stuffs that couple can't do to enjoy the world. (maybe even hang out with other friends/couples)

Teen years and early adulthood, when you started to experience the having relationship with someone, I tell you this, "Don't alienate your circle of friends to be with your SO." Why?

- Good friends will support you all the way.
    - Good friends will pick you up if your relationship doesn't work out.
    - Good friends will listen to things that you are afraid to discuss with your SO.
    - Good friends will give good advice on every aspect of life.
    - Good friends will remind yourself of the good things that you can offer when you starting to change to someone different.

Just speaking from experience, there probably alot more. At 13 yo., I have friends who rarely hang out with our group anymore when he enters a relationship and when that didn't go out as planned, he expect to be included in the group again and pretend nothing changed. Since 18 yo., I have friends/couples who always plan meetup/hang out because they have enough "us" time at home and special occasions (anniversary, etc.).