1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mother is My Main Obstacle

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rosemarried, May 23, 2013.

1. Rosemarried

Rosemarried Guest

This woman, fourty something- catty and judgemental. Even a gossip. She causes me so much stress in every aspect of my life. Especially with my sexuality. When ever I show support and understanding of the LGBT world, she gets angry! She pulled the old "which one is the man" crap when there happened to be a lesbian couple on the television. When I mentioned that there is no man and that that is the point of a lesbian relationship. She told me to shut up because I was "pissing her off"!
    Every damn time I do something she doesn't like, she decides that I'm wrong and should vocalize my opinion. Any advice?

---------- Post added 23rd May 2013 at 07:27 AM ----------

The florida story just came on and she AND my father defended the persecuting batsards!

2. FunnyMonkey

Sorry that your Mother is like that.(*hug*) The only think that I can that is that in order to change your mind you need to educate them about it, I understand that is not going to be an easy task to do. maybe try shower her that LGBT people are the same as her. like a tv show or movie something like that, but if your not out to them just be careful with it.

3. runnerSR20

runnerSR20 Guest

I usually keep quiet when my mom makes a comment of such nature regarding anything LGBT. (I'm not out to my parents.) Even if I was out I would just let her say what she wants and try not to let it bother me.

4. Sorry about your parents.

My Mom is the same way. I don't know exactly what I'll do when I come out, but I know she will be the biggest issue. I have to keep calm when anything LGBTQ comes up.

Maybe knowing that their child is homosexual will help them open up. My Mom has gotten better about it because she is friends with my cousin on facebook. She sees pictures of him, his partner, and their 2 kids all the time. She still thinks it is a sin, but at least she has decided to support gay marriage.

Of course, this could backfire. Take your time and be patient.