1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We Stared...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, May 24, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

This thread is about my crush.

Today, for the first time, when we looked at each other, I didn't look away. We looked at each other for ages, something like 3 seconds, but in comparison, that's a long time. It seemed like an eternity.

Do you think it means anything? I know these threads are getting repetative, but we actually stared at each other.

2. stumble along

Staring is inconclusive about 99% of the time, and you'll know it means something.
    Once for three seconds (probably less humans suck at guessing times) doesn't show anything other than you happened to look at each other at the same time.

3. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Well how long would we have to stare at each other then. And if you read my other threads you would know that I know that he wouldn't look at me at all unless he was interested or curious.

4. stumble along

Unless its over something like 15-20 seconds and multiple times, I wouldn't bother. Now if he say, winks at you or makes a face, then I would know somethings up.

And you are implying the "he looked at me that must mean there's something there" I look at other people all the time that doesn't mean I like them, you probably look at other people too and you're only saying this about him is becaused youre biased.

I had this situation with a guy my senior year he was alwasy looking at me every single time we had class together, I wasn't interested but I asked about it because it was beginning to get slightly uncomfortable because I had no idea why and it turned out he was just dozing off and happened to be looking that way...multiple times ...

5. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Well, what should I do now?

6. stumble along

Nothing, act like you usually do, if it happens again try to do something like smile or wave or nod and if it keeps happening then tell us, but we don't need a play by play

7. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Thanks, but this does keep on happening, not the profuse staring but the looking at each other does happen a lot; more or less every time I see him. Should I try to smile next time I see him looking at me?

8. Femmeme

This is why you should just post updates to one thread, otherwise no one knows the back story.

And YES, as I've already told you smile at him.

9. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

But what if everything goes wrong, and he ends up HATING me?

10. Femmeme

At least you know you tried and didn't let fear hold you back. It won't be the end of the world, someday this guy will just be a footnote in your personal history. I'm in NO WAY trying to discount what you're feeling now, but this is just one in what will someday be a long list of crushes come and gone.

Besides, anyone that hates you for smiling at them or liking them is bonkers.

11. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Thanks. Can I just have one thing said to me from you though, please just tell me that there,s a chance. I mean there must be a chance, even if it is diminutively small, I just need someone to tell me that there is at least a chance with this. Do you agree?

12. Femmeme

Honestly it's impossible to tell just from hearing your interpretation of things, BUT we live in a world of infinite possibilities where truth is often stranger than fiction.

Don't rush things, don't spook him, but take your time and try to get to know him and see where it goes from there. The fact that he isn't outright avoiding you after what happened with his sister is a hopeful sign.

(*hug*)

13. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Thanks Femmeme, I will try again to tone down the threads, take it slowly, and of course: eventually talk to him. I know that you guys can only offer me advice and support, and it is me that knows him, and only me that knows what to do and is able to to so. It is half term now and I get a week of school, something tells me it will do me good to have a break from seeing my crush for a week, but when I return to school I will take things as they come and try my best to progress with this without going too far.

Wish me Luck, and thanks to all of you! Speak to you soon.