1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Failing to "Deal with it"

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chierro, May 24, 2013.

1. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To those who have read my past posts (most notably around last summer) then you know about Darren. This is a Darren post.

The story? Why didn't you ask sooner?

It all started off the day I had my interview for work. It was a nominal interview as I just had to talk with the HR director then, BAM!, I got my ID and work shirts...which doesn't happen. So I go in and the lady at the counter gave me a test that everyone had to take and told me to sit down. I turned and saw this amazing looking guy. Pink striped polo shirt, curly hair (I'm a HUGE sucker for curly hair), khaki shorts. So good looking! (This was two years ago, guys, and I remember exactly what he was wearing)

My dad and his mom chatted and we didn't. He went to go into a meeting with our future boss while I had my interview with the HR director. He came out of his and I came out of mine and started getting my ID and shirts. Meanwhile I listened in and tried to learn when he was working. Then later work started.

After a few weeks I get paired up with Darren with two games next to eachother (we worked as Games Operators at the local Amusement Park). That was so much fun and we got to know each other. The next day we worked next to each other again. Amazing! :grin: Then nothing. We talked over Facebook and on July 4th, 2011 we started texting! And we texted and we had fun at work when he was there. When the summer ended we kind of fell out and hardly spoke.

Around February of last year I came out to him. Why? I'm not really sure. I texted him about being pissed at my sister and just wanted to know why so I eventually came out to him, no problems.

Fast forward to last summer. Things got tricky. I got to clingy and harsh words were said. We sort of fell out. A party happened were drinking occurred and parents weren't present and I got pissed at him about it. I was away, but was invited to said party. About a month later we, sort of, reconciled but then I told myself, "He's a superdouche, get over him." And I did...I thought.

Fast forward to just a few months back. I texted him out of nowhere asking when he was going for his rehire meeting for work since everyone in our department was getting their letters. He sadly replied to me that he wasn't coming back but that he honestly would miss me. I tried to text him several times since then and nothing.

Now today. I went out to dinner with my parents at a restaurant that's close to his town, I'd even seen some friends who he goes to school with there before. So I was telling my parents about how much homework I have this weekend and then out of nowhere, there he was. Darren. Sweatshirt, curly hair, gym shorts, in all his Darren-glory. My heart nearly stopped but I tried to keep my cool. He sat at a table near me with his parents and I tried to just ignore it. I couldn't.

I occasionally would glance over but as his back was to me he didn't see. At one point he got up and went to the bathroom and I know he saw me but blatantly disregarded me. He knew I was there but said nothing. The least he could've done was say "Hey [insert my name here]" But no. And I am still as infatuated as I was two years ago.

So what do I do? How do I deal with this? What does this mean that I can't get over him?

2. RainbowMan

Sadly, it doesn't sound like Darren is gay/bi. I realize that you're having a hard time getting over him, but at some point you just need to realize that not only does he not feel the same way about you that you do about him, he is INCAPABLE of feeling that way. At some point, you just need to realize that it's never going to work between you two (by absolutely no fault of your own), and get over it. Easier said than done, I know.

He does sound super-cute from what you've described, though :grin:

3. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    See, for the longest time I was over him. I realized he was douche and I had no need for crushing over that. I then began to crush on yet another straight guy at my school which has caused some inner trouble of mine. Then when I texted him just to find out when his rehire meeting was. No feelings, just want to know. Then when he told me he wasn't coming back all these feelings just flooded back in and here I am.

I don't want the crush on him. I hate it. It has ruined too much. I just want my friendship with him back and that's what I solely want. How to do that is what I want to know.

And he issss super-cute. The fact that he's ok with underage drinking kind of bothers me though...

4. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. rg93

Hmm... He seems to be a bit reluctant to stay friends. I'm not quite sure there's much you can do about that. :/

6. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's the part that gets me. We were great friends. Now out of nowhere it's just like, "I don't know you." I hate it. I have a small inkling that I'll end up seeing him again, most likely at work. All I really need is reconciliation but I really want our friendship back.