1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to break up with my boyfriend.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by King, May 25, 2013.

1. King

King Guest

Hello all,
    I need some advice on how to end my relationship with my boyfriend. It's a bit complicated, because I want to break up in person, but the time we get to see each other is difficult. The only times I could do anything would be to have him come to my house during his lunch break at school, end it, and send him back to school which isn't fair to him - or, invite him to my house after school and then send him home (which would mean he'd miss his bus and it'd take longer for him to get there). I considered texting him that we needed to talk so we could arrange a time and place to meet, but what he'll do (I know for a fact) is ask if I'm breaking up with him. If I lie and say no, I'm being unfair because he'll come to me with different expectations and feel double hurt that I lied. If I tell the truth and say yes, he probably won't want to meet, plus it feels like I'm ending the relationship through text (which I don't want).

I can't go to his house and break up with him because he isn't really out to his parents, so there goes that.
    I considered taking a walk with him around his house so when the conversation was over he could go right home.
    I don't want to have to call him, because that still isn't really fair to him.

I just don't know what to do. He's incredibly needy, insecure, clingy, paranoid, and any mention of me being unhappy he turns around to how he feels and tries to guilt me.

2. June Cleaver

Just do it quickly! How about a note? If not, just walk around his block at his house and bust the move and do it! June

3. King

King Guest

Thanks, any other suggestions?

4. rg93

I suggest in Person if possible. I'm for the walking around the block near his house. But the way you've described him, it's gonna get bad. There will be tears.

Good luck. :-/

5. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A walk is always a good way to have difficult conversations..
    Don't do it by txt....

6. dapulu

Agreed, do the walk. Don't think too much around it, it will only cause more trouble for you and him.

7. Rexmond

He's going to be hurt however you decide to break the news to him, I don't think it really matters how you do. If you care about him, I guess go with the walk, just so that it isn't as difficult for him to deal with, though the difference will be minuscule.

Do what you think is best.