1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love with my friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Jordane, May 25, 2013.

1. Jordane

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since the day i meet this guy I`ve always liked him. He became my friend and sometimes I think I`m his only friend. Many people don't like him because he's the woe is me type, however I have seen him alone and he is so Innocent and really a good person. He obviously likes me in someway as he always will help me when I need it. Everyone can see that i clear care about him(All thought most likely think I care about him as a friend.) I don't really know how he feels about me. He says he`s straight but there have been many times when he's made me and many others question it. He then sometimes will say homophobic words. I think that maybe he`s gay and is just discovering it about himself

What do you all think?

2. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    I will say when ppl go overboard with homophobic slurs its usually a very tell tale sign they're hiding something. Not always, but sometimes. My crush went as far as to say we couldn't be friends if he ever found out I was gay, he hated fags etc. Well, now he knows I'm bi and like him (a conversation he started by saying he would be cool if I was, it was a complete 180 of his "homophobic outlook"). We r now moving into a 1 bedroom apartment together, which was his idea. There are several signs why I think he's at least bi and into me, but that's not my point. My point is when we initially became friends he was the most homophobic person I'd ever met, to the point of overkill. That was my first sign that I thought there was something beneath it all, because I too at one point was the loudest homophobic person in my group of friends, and surprise surprise, who ended up being bi/gay lol

3. Closetguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Your situation sounds like a mirror image of mine a few years ago! My friend said he wasn't gay or bi but did and said a few things which made me think otherwise. Now it seems like he was kinda confused, we're not that close now, time just took us apart.

You guys could be right, he could be in denial. Then again, he may not! You just need to use conversation to try and get to the bottom of his issue(s). I think I'd challenge him on his offensive language, find out his reasons for using it and what homosexual people,have ever done on him! Someone told me once "first look to understand, then look to be understood". Show him your trying to understand him before you try and get him to understand you......if you think that may work.