1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he even interested in me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MozarMaestro, May 25, 2013.

1. MozarMaestro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been single for over a year and a half, and I finally met someone on Plenty Of Fish (###) who I'm both attracted and interested in. We had a supper and movie date night (which I was very shy during), and while I enjoyed our time together, I had a hard time reading his vibes.

We had set up a second hang out to go bowling, but it ended up being cancelled. All week, there had been a few problems to complicate our meet (his tuberculosis test and other paperwork in finalizing his nurse assisstant employment; last minute shift at his current job on the day of; not feeling well the day of), which I'm not sure were either genuine or a way for him to get out of hanging out.

Now, his ### profile says he is looking to date and find a relationship, but many of my friends have given different assessments of him (ranging from "genuinely busy" to "he's playing you, move on." Some of his reasons seem genuine to me, but the last minute cancellation really adds doubt in my head. Another user on ### said they had spoken but when he tried to meet, my date told him right off the bat that he was dating someone (which matches what he told me when I asked him if he had ever met anyone from ###).

He seems to be an up-front guy -- but again, the parallel kind of unsettles me. I had previously experienced someone cancelling three consecutive meets on me, and I'm not in the mood to repeat this again. My question is: is this guy even interested in me, or am I just blowing this entire mishap way out of proportion?

2. FemCasanova

It`s really hard to say, but it does sound like he had legitimate reasons for not showing up. Give him a second chance, and then see. It could also be that since you seemed a bit shy/reserved, he interpreted that as you not really being that into him. Just agree on a reschedule, and see if he shows up, or has another excuse. And if you do end up having another date, let him know without seeming over eager that you enjoy spending time with him, so that you make it obvious you really are interested. At this point, it`s all assumption though. I`d give him a second chance. Unfortunately, stuff happens, and we can`t keep all our appointments.

Good luck!