1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Date... but...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by riahf, May 25, 2013.

1. riahf

I went on this girl I've been seeing for a couple of dates. It went well we got along great and spent the entire day just hanging out. Except that when it came to the first kiss I was awful. I had now idea what to do. It was my first kiss (girl or boy) and I really had no idea what I was doing, and it was obvious. I think she was disappointed. I really like this girl, but am afraid I scared her off. What should I do?

2. AKTodd

My first thought: Be honest with her. Tell you really like her, but it was your first kiss and that you feel you could have do much better with some practice and pointers. By chance would she be willing to help you with that?

Todd

3. riahf

But how do I bring it up now? I'm worried that she's not going to want to see me again.

4. AKTodd

Could you text or email her? Invite her out for coffee because you want to talk to her and just be honest with her? Call her on the phone?

Is it a matter of how much time has passed since the date or an issue of bringing up the matter in the first place?

Todd

5. dapulu

I agree with Todd. I did that one time when I hadn't kissed someone in a while, but it was after the moment. I told them playfuly that I really didn't remember how to kiss, and if he was willing to let me caught up by "practicing" with him. Things got better.

6. riahf

I'm not sure how to bring it up since time has passed. I texted her apologizing for being awkward and saying I was new to this, which I guess is close enough.

I suppose I could just be dwelling on it, since I'm embarrassed.

7. AKTodd

How much time are we talking about here and are you in some sort of contact with her?

If we're talking days then just reach out and either set up a meeting where you can talk or maybe send an email explaining. If it's been longer than an email may work better but you might see if you can meet again (I tend to prefer face-to-face discussion for important conversations, but that's me). Or you could always call in either instance.

Todd