1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

boyfriend problems? please help.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dano218, May 25, 2013.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey. i been in a relationship with my boyfriend since december and it has been a secret because of our age difference and his parents don't accept his sexuality and the age difference would freak my parents out i think. He's 45 and I am 22. The reason it was rocky at first was cause our first meet up turned into a drunken one night stand and I was freaked out at first.

He has many flaws and our relationship has been rocky at times. I have wanted to end with him before but my heart kept pulling me back. He has made mistakes in life like getting DWI but is very honest about it and i love him for it. He brings the good out of me and although we had our arguments he has treated me better than any guy i meet.\\

The problem is I don't know if I want to be with him forever. He wants a long term commitment and wants me to move away from my family all the way to Wilimington, Delaware. He wants to start a online business and make it big. I am very supportive of that.

I was thinking if when I go on the road with him Ill send my parents a letter and explain to them everything that is going on and that I will take care of everything i need to do on my own.

I needed to let this out.

2. I just wanted to let you know that I'm sending good thoughts your way. Hopefully you can figure out a solution.

As a Mom, it would be easier to hear my kid was in love with someone with that age difference than to have him disappear. You're out. That is amazing. Something many of us dream of, but you have to hide your relationship. Is this something you want to keep doing?

3. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That age difference freaks me out too. I really don't think a relationship with that kind of age difference can be healthy. I mean, there's such a big power imbalance there.

4. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand that there is a huge age difference. It is so hard to find love today as it is. Most guys my age are only looking for hook ups or nothing really that serious. I want a relationship that will last and he loves me for me and values and understands me. When he is gone i miss him like crazy and when he is with me no one else matters. For me it is healthy as long as we are both honest and kind to each other and committed. Which is exactly what I want.