1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How exactly am I supposed to find other women?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by charlavail, May 26, 2013.

1. charlavail

Out Status:
    All but family
    This is going to be a post with stereotypes, so bear with me.

I don't look like the typical "girl who likes girls". I don't have short hair, I enjoy makeup, and dresses, and heels, and being as girly and "model chic" as I possibly can. However, this, in the end of things, makes me look "straight"

Now, I obviously know that there is no one "look" any sexuality/gender has. Others don't, however, regardless of how they identify. Which is why I'm just saying, won't it be really difficult for me to actually find a girl? Or, for a girl to ever come up to me? I don't have a preference (like "butch" or "femme", whatever. If I think you are attractive, it honestly has nothing to do with your presentation, fashion wise) but I still feel like I'm not part of the "pack".

2. Live Love Smile

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just be out there!

I don't do labels, and although it can change daily, I guess I'm usually sort of a hard femme/soft butch. It helps for me that I just have a 'gay look' in terms of face, lips, eyes, etc. They've done studies on that, actually.

And I don't mean to say wave the pan/bi/gay flag around or anything but if anyone asks, I'll tell them.

"Do you think he's hot?"
    "No."
    "Why not?"
    "Because I like girls."

In your case, being pansexual, I guess it can work for you either way, but just don't be afraid to bring up female celebrity crushes or anything like that.

Good luck!
    ~L

3. HeyAshley

bars, clubs, online dating. i guess that's a start!

4. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hello! i'm also in that situation, but kinda different.
    I'm not really femme, i mean i like wearing plaid shirts, all star, leather jackets, kinda rock style but still in girls clothes and it doesnt make a big difference.
    There's only one friend i'm out to and she doesn't even live in town so it's pretty hard to pass the message without being out.

I've read here in EC we can try a rainbow bracelet or something discret that work like a code. I'm looking forward to going to a gay club and having some fun but it's not exactly what i'm looking for. i want something serious and not only a one night thing.
    Yeah, there are the online dating websites, but i haven't made much progress in that, still working on that...

idk what else can be done, but good luck :slight_smile: