1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adam and Dusty problems

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dustin Broke, May 26, 2013.

1. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

The problem is that I don't have many friends and I only have few best friends and that's it. I' am a homebody type guy so I' am home most of the time playing games and listening to my music. I' am a computer geek a audiophile and a PC gamer. Problem is that few of my best friends are always busy or so and can't talk on the phone or come over often. My ex boyfriend Adam does like to talk to me a lot since he still is in love with me. I have a boyfriend named Dusty Smith but the problem is that he lives in FL which is around 1,400 miles away from me. We both are in love with each other and Dusty is trying to be able to move to Omaha by going to college now since he doesn't make enough money from just working at Walmart full time. He lives with a roommate and she is Dusty's best friend also. Adam and I were together for 5 years and I broke up with him since he wasn't keeping his promises and then later I found Dusty online and we been together for 2 years and a 4 months so far and everything seems to be ok but just his been busy so he can't talk on Yahoo IM often. Well lately his been using his e-mail to chat with me since his Yahoo IM isn't working right. I know for a fact that Dusty loves me since he has shown it many times but just because of the distance it's kinda hard to contact each other. He doesn't have a phone so it makes it harder. He is really broke and at one point of time didn't even have enough money for food. I been helping him a ton and his really happy. But I' am also broke too since I have SSI and Medicade so I don't get a lot of money. Also lately since his been soo busy I haven't been able to chat with him often like maybe once a month or so or twice at most. I do feel really lonely since I only get to talk to my mom most of the time. I still live with my mom and I will move out on my own soon but of course I will get a apt that accepts section 8 since I don't have enough to pay everything by myself.

The thing is that Adam and I do still have feelings with each other but I know that Dusty is a better guy and I would rather be with Dusty a lot more than Adam. But Adam seems like he keeps trying to make me go back with him and he calls me often. He did once find a different boyfriend but since Ed moved he wasn't able to be with him anymore. I really think Adam is still in love with me since I was with him for 5 years and I was probley the best guy ever. Adam has disabilities like diabetic, ADHD, Bi Polar or so and he can get really moody at times and get really mean. The problem is that he is 29 and acts like a teenager a lot so it's kinda hard to be with him in times. Also he never kept his promises in the past also he lies to me at times. I do have disabilities also but mine is on strong OCD and Turrets so that's why I have SSI and Medicade now.

One thing about Dusty that is a lot better is that he keeps his promises and never lies to me basicly he says what he means and doesn't lie to me. Also of course Dusty is a lot hotter guy than Adam is too so makes it a plus. I think what I really want to do is that make Dusty and I work out and just be friends with Adam but seems like Adam wants more than friends with me so he keeps trying to be my boyfriend. I kinda wonder if I should not be friends with him anymore so I can move on better and he can too. But he never quits calling even if I ignore his calls. I talked Dusty and he agrees that Adam still loves me a lot and trying to get me to be with him again. I mean yes I do still have feelings with Adam since I was with him for 5 years but I want to move on and go with Dusty since Dusty is a lot better guy and more mature than Adam. Dusty is actualy more mature than me lol. I don't think Adam will ever give up on me since he never has in the past. Also with the problems he has I don't think he will ever find a new boyfriend that will last. My mom even said that Adam will have a hard time finding someone since his soo im mature and not acting close to his age at all. It's a long story but I basicly need help on what to do with Dusty and Adam. I know I have to try my best with Dusty and help him but I don't know in the future is really Dusty will be able to move down to Omaha so we can be together in person. I know that Adam use to be a long distance boyfriend since he lived around 150 miles away from me and I didn't drive that time and my mom was nice and took me to see Adam for the first time 3 years later after we met on gay.com site. Basicly my point is that I hope I don't have to wait for years until I get to see Dusty since that would be really bad I think that I would waste soo many years on one person. But the thing is if it's worth it then I probley should wait since he is a great guy after all.

I guess the whole thing I' am saying that in few years or less will Dusty be moving to Omaha and we will be together in person or will it take more than 5 years to be with him in person since if it's going to take soo long it might be better to be with Adam since at least now he lives on 14 miles away and can see me more often. But Adam isn't a great guy like Dusty and and isn't hot as him also. I just don't know if it's worth waiting for this great guy or should I just go back with Adam and just ignore his issues and just be with him since he still loves me.

Basicly I' am thinking that is it better to be with a guy that is more my type and hotter and better overall but lives 1,400 miles away or should I be with a guy that is only 14 miles away and that isn't a great guy like the one that lives very far and that isn't as hot as the guy that lives far away also.

Thanks

2. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

I don't know if I made it confusing but basicly my point is that is it better to be with a guy that is a lot closer to me but isn't a great guy as Dusty is or is it better to be with a guy that is very far but is a a lot better guy than Adam is?

Basicly the whole long thing I was saying was a background about me and who I' am with and the problems I' am having.

3. AKTodd

Personally, I'd go with the guy you like more even if he's further away. It sounds like Adam has various issues, including things that will cause you to have a hard time trusting him or doing anything much that you could really relax and enjoy. The main reasons you list that presumably are arguments in favor of going with him seem to boil down to feeling sorry for him and convenience. While he maybe 'Mr Right Now' you don't give any sense that he's 'Mr Right'. And that is perhaps what you should be aiming for long term.

My 2c worth,

Todd

4. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Ya basicly I know that Dusty is a better guy even I haven't met him in person yet. I seen him on webcam and we do talk on Yahoo but just I don't know exactly when he will be able to move to Omaha. If he gets a higher paid job then he will be able to move sooner but he has to finish college first. I did pay for him to go there and he is working hard now. He is also working at Walmart full time. But ya I do still think my ex boyfriend Adam is hot still but just he isn't a great guy like Dusty is. Just Adam is a lot closer to me though so he could see me often if he wants to compaired to Dusty. I' am broke also and I can't move down in FL or have him move down here since it will cost a lot of money. I been living with my parents my whole life so far so my mom has helped me a lot on my money. She is also the payee for my SSI.

Problem is that Adam seems to want me badly and he keeps trying to make me be with him and I do attend to like him coming over but I know that Dusty will be a better guy for me. Basicly is if Adam just forgot about me and then I can not think about him too much then it would be easier for me to just focus on Dusty. I know Adam will never give up on me since he pretty much shows that he is soo in love with me still. He said I' am the best guy he ever had. But for me I don't think his is the best guy ever. Dusty is a lot better like he keeps his promises and doesn't lie to me and also he is hotter than Adam so that's a plus. Dusty also doesn't have disabilities like Adam does so Dusty is more normal. Adam have mood swings since he has bi polar and at times he could get really mean to me. I have to make sure I don't do anything that will make him upset. But eatherway right now Adam and I are best friends but as I said Adam wants more than that of course.

But if you guys think that I should focus on Dusty more than I guess I can try to ignore Adam wanting to be with me again. I known Adam for 9 years so far so I know him well and he knows me well. Dusty and I only know each other for 2 years and 4 months so far and I found him on Plenty of Fish.com website. I found Adam on gay.com back when I was 19. I' am 28 now.

5. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

So does everyone agree with the last poster who said to go with Dusty basicly even he lives over 1000 miles away since I do love him a lot more? Basicly I should just ignore Adam wanting to be with me? Also should I be friends with Adam anymore or should I still be best friends with him?