1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my parents, I feel out to the world now!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Acobi, May 28, 2013.

1. Acobi

Acobi Guest

It has been a long journey for me, since first coming out to my best friend in October 2012, out to my sister in December, and joining EC back in January I've made a ton of progress. Last night, I took the (what I consider) the biggest step for myself, coming out to my parents.

I went so well, I do not think it could have been better. Both my parents accepted me, were happy for me, and still love me. :') In fact, my Dad was the one who said he always thought so. My Mom on the other hand was a little oblivious. Either way, I got big hugs from both of them. Nothing had changed. They joked about expecting some big news from my sister afterwards-and we then just watched TV and hung out as a family after dinner.

I feel now, complete. Completely out to everyone who matters. Now its just a matter for moving forward. Now, as I meet new people, they will meet me for me, (hopefully) no more actual coming out moments for me. I can just be gay and proud.

Of course I'd also like to take the time to thank all my EC friends, who have spent endless late nights talking to me, and getting to know me. Your support and friendship is priceless and I am so thankful for our time together!

Here is to life and wondrous times!

2. Average Joe

Ah, that's great news. It's always so nice to hear a positive coming out story. Congratulations!

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations to the guy with the cutest smile on EC!

4. timo

That's awesome to read, congrats! Glad to hear they're both accepting! :icon_bigg

Hopefully I can make a thread like this some day soon too, this is very inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

5. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :thumbsup: Awesome dude. Very glad to hear they're accepting, and now you can get on wit cho life.
    Thanks for lettin us know. We're also here for ye. ;D

6. Rexmond

Congratulations! (*hug*)

I don't know how to describe the level of inspiration it brings to hear that coming out to our parents brings. I really want to feel this freedom, I don't care if people at school knew, bullied me - same goes for strangers on the street. They'd just be reminded me that I am me and I'm doing a good job.

7. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations!

You have really made impressive progress!

It must feel really liberating being totally out!

8. Acobi

Acobi Guest

Shucks! Thank you! That's quite the title. :grin:

I'm glad. I know one day everyone will be able to make this step, and I hope the experience is both healing, healthy, and freeing!

9. KingdomKeyDK

True dat! I thought the same thing when I first saw him. :slight_smile:

10. Emberblaze

I 1-up that ^^

And I know the FEELING! When I came out to my mom, it just felt like I'd made the biggest step in the ever! The next week of school after that day was non-stop coming out for me! I was just spittin' rainbows into everyone's faces!!!... Which sounds kinda gross...

But you get the picture ^^

11. PeteNJ

How great for you! You should be so proud of yourself. And what fantastic, loving parents you have. Yes, you are on the road to much happiness as an out, gay man! Congratulations :thumbsup:

12. Batman is swag

Woohoo! Congrats! I wish I had your guts... How'd you come out to your parents?

13. jag

jag

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congrats! :slight_smile: I so want to come out to my paretns too :frowning2: