1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm in love with the straight friend! Fun!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by veronicaslolita, May 28, 2013.

1. veronicaslolita

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sorry this is another 'I'm in love with my straight friend' stories, but I would like some advice on my situation, if that's ok.

I'm a bisexual, male, teenager and I've been in love with my friend since Christmas. I used to hate his guts at one point, but he became my best friend's boyfriend, so I figured I was going to have to accept him. Suddenly, I started to develop feelings for him, but still disliked him, I felt like he was stealing my friends and being a spoilt jerk. However, once I got to properly know him (after the teacher made us sit together in lessons), I was completely wrong about him. He is physically attractive, but it's his personality that I love. When I look into his eyes, it makes me smile. I just smile at everything he does and says. I came out to him just after telling my best friend, and he was happy with it. I started messaging him everyday after school for hours, and we got closer. Not too close though. At one point, I developed depression over the fact that I couldn't have him, since he is straight (but rather feminine and sensitive nevertheless) and his long time love was with my best friend (who I envy now but still love?). I have dreams pretty much 24/7, but strange ones, like I'm running in a race away from him and his girlfriend. Or planning children names.

Anyway, we have left school for a long summer and are going to different colleges, so I suppose that gives time and distance. I tried to ignore him, giving him the silent treatment, and tried to identify his bad traits. I tried to use my love for him as a kind of hatred to get away from him but that didn't last. We both went to friend's sleepover and I just gave in. I was ignoring him, until I gave in and he was sweet to me as usual! He jumped on me playfully and someone pushed him, he fell with his head on my shoulder, that was pleasant! And he stripped to his underwear to sleep, so that was pleasing!!

Still, it's hard since he is a perfect friend, even if he couldn't be my boyfriend. I want to get rid of him, but if I want to see my friends, he is going to be there. I was thinking about becoming better friends but have a bromance instead of a relationship, since I think that may help me know where the border is.

What do you think I should do?

2. memyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He sounds really sweet, but you always gotta ignore the straight crushes. 95% of the time they don't turn out to be gay or bi, and if they can't love you back the way you love them, you gotta move on. You deserve someone who will feel the same way about you. Right now it's all one way and that's not healthy. If he does turn out to be gay or bi, you'll hear about it, but don't wait for it because chances are that it won't happen. It's a bummer, but that's life :frowning2:

3. rg93

I have to agree with memyself. I guess you're just gonna have to wait it out and try to not lose him as a friend. Keep trying the bad trait identification thingy, maybe you'll get there, eventually. ^^