1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents Ughhh

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SpitfireXSoarin, May 29, 2013.

1. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Today I forgot some MLP cards at the house that I was taking to give to a friend. I called my mom and told her to bring me the cards on my bed. After seeing they were My Little Pony cards she sent me the text "No ponies. Will not deliver, too girlish.". I think she is trying to be difficult and now apparently anything but "guy" interests will bring a whole debate over them (I wish she wouldn't have found out in the first place). She did however say "it breaks my heart" when she did Bring them. She says she's accepting but she really isn't. She also took nail-polish that I had and won't let me near anything "girly" as she says.

Thoughts? Advice?

2. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sucks! I realize it's hard for people to handle when you come out, but I mean stifling who you are is only going to make you resentful of her... I don't know how you'd get that across to her... She does know that you were born that way and can't help it right? I mean it's not like you've chosen to be what you are...

3. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's the thing, I've tried explaining it to her and she insists it is a choice. "You just have to supress those feelings and they'll go away" and "how hard do you think this is on us" and not limited to "you need to slow down". Well, I tried supressing it for a long time and I was a "boy" for them and it felt wrong. How long do I have to wait?